Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fans Forum 2012-13

Gonk

So are you happy we got relegated? Are little Bolton back were they belong. What was that stat posted a while back, weren't we the 17/18th biggest club, based on trophies, time spent in top league, Europe etc?

That's pretty big if you ask me, there's shit loads of other clubs that would want the same, something I'm proud of.

I'm shocked & surprised that any Bolton fan doesn't think we have enough to achieve a seat at the table of the top league!!

It is defeatest, it has been poor management, & don't try telling Wigan these shit excuses about support bases etc, because they're either not listening or It's bollacks!!

The championship is littered with clubs of a similar size to us, i think your a little bit naive if you think we are not a yo yo club at best. as for little wigan ther time is not to far away.

The championship is littered with clubs of a similar size to us, i think your a little bit naive if you think we are not a yo yo club at best. as for little wigan ther time is not to far away.

Someone contact the Guiness book of records, our man's found the worlds slowest Yo-Yo, 11 years is either very slow, or a fookin' long piece of string :thumbsup:

Someone contact the Guiness book of records, our man's found the worlds slowest Yo-Yo, 11 years is either very slow, or a fookin' long piece of string :thumbsup:

Sheffield Wednesday were in the top division from 1959 till 1970.

Nottingham Forest were in the top division from 1978 till 1993.

Sorry, Malc if I've stolen your crown! :D

Edited by no balls

wtf are you waffling on about

Victor said coyle mentioned some senior players didn't give a shit and we were now offering players lower basics and incentives so they get paid more based on results and performance - I know you are a professional contrarian but surely that doesnt give you a newer greater respect for professional football or footballers??

The fact we're admitting at managerial level some senior players didnt give a shit and seemingly the only motivating factor for professional footballers is money further pisses me off yes the lowering of basics will fit in with our cutting of the cloth but it is implied that we had players not performing because they didn't need to as the money was paid regardless

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Victor said coyle mentioned some senior players didn't give a shit and we were now offering players lower basics and incentives so they get paid more based on results and performance - I know you are a professional contrarian but surely that doesnt give you a newer greater respect for professional football or footballers??

The fact we're admitting at managerial level some senior players dont give a shit and seemingly the only motivating factor for professional footballers is money further pisses me off yes the lowering of basics will fit in with our cutting of the cloth but it is implied that we had players not performing because they didn't need to as the money was paid regardless

I think performance related bonuses are used in most jobs.

Are we expecting our footballers to do it for the love of the game. Sorry but that deffo isnt going to happen!

The fact we're admitting at managerial level some senior players didnt give a shit and seemingly the only motivating factor for professional footballers is money further pisses me off yes the lowering of basics will fit in with our cutting of the cloth but it is implied that we had players not performing because they didn't need to as the money was paid regardless

Is that not also an admission of Coyle's inability to get the best out of them.

I think performance related bonuses are used in most jobs.

Are we expecting our footballers to do it for the love of the game. Sorry but that deffo isnt going to happen!

No I'm not saying that - the fact our manager has admitted senior players were not bothered and that was compounded by the fact they weren't financial incentivised to be bothered is another example of how rotten the game is - generalisation maybe waffle no

You don't need to spunk money up the wall to get back to the premier league. Norwich and Southampton both went from league 1 to prem in consecutive seasons. Neither spent millions to do so. Swansea and blackpool also got promoted whilst spending shrewdly.

We might have to tighten the purse strings but it doesn't mean we can't get to the premier league, even if we fail this season.

• 4 years later...