Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Methodone.

leigh white

If they were on methadone why the fuck have still got their kids? It's heartbreaking to hear of children in this apparently civilised country living with parents who are savages. Poor little girl, I dread to think how many more there are out there.

Fucking terrible.

Looking at where the fuckers live,I can't say I'm shocked. Which is extremely worrying in itself.

Like another world in that area of town.

If your not polish your a smack head,it's a simple as that round there.

' Methadone Programme in the Community' (as it's called) Well, It's akin giving an Alky two tins of Tennents Special on the state a day to 'stop cravings' - when they know full well they're still going to out and rob or prostitute themselves to get the money for the for 4 to 6 tins of Special Brew they actually want.

What happened to making them drink it there and then like years ago? Probably cost too much.

It's easy to say 'gas them' or similar, walk past a primary playground at lunchtime (those not on the register :)) have a quick glance at the kids - do you think any of them think...

"I want to be a smackhead/crackhead/alcoholic when I grow up..."

Some people have hardly a prayer from as early as this age of avoiding this fate.

Treat it like a medical issue not a criminal one...Prescribe heroin at strictly controlled centres.

It'd Kill the smack dealing community dead in one foul swoop* - unless perhaps, HMRC likes the laundered drug revenue from the 'legitimate' and 'profitable' (ha!) businesses drug dealers use as 'fronts'?

* When Mephedrone was made illegal a few years back, coke-dealers were ecstatic - their trade had plummeted like fuck on the back of the availability of legal Mephedrone.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Sorry mate I don't do self pity.

Not many people are forced into being a junkie and I know loads who didn't have the best of starts in life but turned out good by taking control of their destiny. Theres zillions come to the UK with fuck all and managed it so fuck all reason ours cant do it. Unless of course they want to sit on their arse blaming others.

The cunts wants gassing to stop the cunts growing growing into another feral generation of street scum.

Like Nb hints at up top,If you are a registered heroin user, you should have your children taken off you till you can prove you are clean via blood test.

I agree with helping them get clean,using whatever course of action appropriate,but in my opinion if you are in rehabilitation you are my capable of looking after children.

Edited by gonzo

Folk who can't get methadone go and buy coke instead? Aye alreet.

What are you talking about, the Tennants/Speccy Brew analogy?

It was referring to Methadone users who continue to use heroin...

Loads of addicts are dragged up, quite a few come from what could be termed 'good homes' - I wouldn't pontificate about it too much, including me. However I will say...

The story was fucking horrible and unforgivable, Methadone should be dispensed at source like it used to be, it probably isn't anymore due to cuts to the NHS and Drug and Alcohol Services, because the current lot  in government (possibly slightly reigned in because of Cameron's sister herself being in recovery) have the opinion of alky/addicts - it's their fault so fuck 'em....

Unfortunately the collateral damage of policy like this is the poor c*nt who gets robbed by some smackhead, or some 17 year old girl with a habit who ends up getting strangled down the side of a college...

I've known a couple who had the 'fuck 'em' school of thought, until their son got a heroin habit at University....

Addiction doesn't discriminate.

One last thing (definitely this time) Those responsible for the death of the lad should be charged with the highest  charge possible, and sentenced accordingly.

All my posts are edited.

All my posts are rambling.

But I would never, I repeat never, on the graves of my parents and Sir Nat, would edit one in order to change my point or to try and win an 'argument' or correct something I wrote in contradiction to something else I wrote....It's cheating and just not cricket.

If you meant the mention of the term 'crackhead' - a crackhead would never use the term 'coke', they use terms like 'rock' or 'stone'.

And, yes, it's true, some use all three - Methadone, Heroin and Crack (as well as alcohol and anything else they can get their hands on too in some cases).

I'll mind because someone else might read it and change their view, even if a little...

Youri McAnepsie wrote

' Methadone Programme in the Community' (as it's called) Well, It's akin giving an Alky two tins of Tennents Special on the state a day to 'stop cravings' - when they know full well they're still going to out and rob or prostitute themselves to get the money for the for 4 to 6 tins of Special Brew they actually want.

What happened to making them drink it (Methadone) there and then in the Dispensary, like years ago? Probably cost too much....

...Treat it like a medical issue not a criminal one...Prescribe heroin at strictly controlled centres.

It'd Kill the smack dealing community dead in one foul swoop* - unless perhaps, HMRC likes the laundered drug revenue from the 'legitimate' and 'profitable' (ha!) businesses drug dealers use as 'fronts'?

* When Mephedrone was made illegal a few years back, coke-dealers were ecstatic - their trade had plummeted like fuck on the back of the availability of legal Mephedrone.

No Balls wrote.

I was referring, as an analogy, to the fact that when legal Mephedrone (note Mephedrone not Methadone - two completely different drugs) was freely, and legally available, it devastated the cocaine dealing 'community' a few years back, the 'buzz' off the mephedrone was as good, if not better than cut-to-fuck street cocaine, it was cheaper, more plentiful, you didn't have to dip into the criminal underworld to obtain it and it was unlikely to be 'cut' because it was so cheap - another bonus, if you got caught with a sealer bag full, there was nougt the police could do (maybe confiscate it, so you withdraw another £10 and wahey, you're off again) anyway...

The coke-dealers were dancing in the streets when the government (labour?) decided to criminalise and classify it as a controlled substance (Mephedrone)...

The analogy I was making was, the Methadone Programme doesn't work, as invariably, the addict still seeks the 'extras' of street heroin (sometime in conjunction with crack).

So, why not have carefully controlled centres where free Heroin is prescribed ON-SITE? Morphine is cheap and plentiful, we could buy from opium growers in Afghanistan - easily done as we have a presence there already. Free heroin would eradicate the heroin trade (and knock-on crimes/social effects such as gun wars, estates ruled by gangster etc.)

If smackheads got their gear free, they wouldn't need to go robbing decent folk or prostituting themselves and the whole thing would cost about a third to run as current schemes.

So why is this common sense approach not implemented? Because politicians the world over of all hues are fucking shit scared of being seen as 'soft on drugs'.

The burgled homeowner or girl addicted and murdered as a prostitute are seen as collateral damage in their  (meaning government/state/police forces') futile and unwinnable 'war on drugs'. 

This bit is bang on. Banning drone handed millions back into the hands of dealers

I honestly don't know one person that ditched bing to get on bubble because it was legal.

Maybe because bing is easier to get hold of around here than a warbies green loaf.

Suppose All the young scallies who were on it that bounce around to donk could never afford decent bing anyway.

Edited by gonzo

I honestly don't know one person that ditched bing to get on bubble because it was legal.

Maybe because bing is easier to get hold of around here than a warbies green loaf.

Suppose All the young scallies who were on it that bounce around to donk could never afford decent bing anyway.

Legality wasn't the issue for the switch...This is what had happened in Manchester (according to friends and acquaintances).

Cheap (and cut but still did the job) coke had flooded everywhere, folk instead of being E'd up or on Whizz in clubs were increasingly buying bugle - this and the smoking ban meant the (decent, I'm not talking fucking Tiger Feet here) clubs went shite as all the punters began either, at worst, acting like prize nobs/ten men or at best sitting/standing around talking bollocks with each other. Hardly anyone was dancing and there was a lot more coke-fuelled (combined with 'roids too possibly) kicking off and feeting.

Mephedrone hit the shores and the yoof took it up eagerly (bing or pure MDMA often being financially out of reach and some batches of Es had been particularly bad around that time).  

The yoof didn't give a shit for the 'cache' that cocaine carries, having seen only nobhead behaviour surrounding it (bing use) in the previous years. They f*cking loved it (the yoof) you could dance all night on it or talk bollocks with other blokes in the bogs.

Older people who'd prejudged and 'pooh poohed' the thought of this legal tomato food as being anything other than shit ("It must be shit if it's legal!") were being given a taste by younger folk and found out it was anything but shit, in fact it was far superior to some of the bugle they'd been paying 4x the price for, and having to associate with shady folk to get it.

It was bizarre seeing both government and dealers of coke/MDMA/Speed etc. BOTH trying to discredit this new drug - the government because they hadn't a fucking clue what to do about it, and the dealers because their profits were hit so heavily.

This might not have happened in Blackpool, but it happened in a big way in Manchester for certain (there's also anecdotal evidence from Bolton, Wigan, Liverpool...)

The government bans it - and as with anything under censure, the price goes up, the quality goes down, the availability decreases. Then the 'designers' of the drug start fucking around the the chemical make-up (to try and flout the laws) so the reliability/predictability of the drug's effects start to change...

People start buying bing again, Mephedrone also now being seen as 'scummy', something skanks take at 11am on a Tuesday in a council flat, so cocaine regains it's status as a 'chic' & 'status symbol' type of drug - to paraphrase Stella Artois - Reassuringly Expensive.

It was another example of the (succesive) government's line of being 'tough' on drugs' - actually increasing the profits for the gun-toting, cap-busting, cop-killing type of gangster....

So bubble replaced pills for a short while then?

Bing has never been a clubbers drug either,well not until the after party anyway haha

Pills went through a massive lull when you could buy em for £2-3 a pop,that's when ketamine hit the scene followed by bubble.

MDMA and pills seem to be back flavour of the scene now.

All starts in the gay clubs then the rest follow suit.

Folk were dining on ket and bubble a decade ago.

Bing is just bing IMO...the strong stuff that's on sale now is just what it should be anyway,but its a social drug...not a clubbers drug.

You don't tend to get folk pilled or bubbled up at weddings and Sunday afternoons in the battle cruiser.

So bubble replaced pills for a short while then?

Bing has never been a clubbers drug either,well not until the after party anyway haha

Pills went through a massive lull when you could buy em for £2-3 a pop,that's when ketamine hit the scene followed by bubble.

MDMA and pills seem to be back flavour of the scene now.

All starts in the gay clubs then the rest follow suit.

Folk were dining on ket and bubble a decade ago.

Bing is just bing IMO...the strong stuff that's on sale now is just what it should be anyway,but its a social drug...not a clubbers drug.

You don't tend to get folk pilled or bubbled up at weddings and Sunday afternoons in the battle cruiser.

Some clubs had a massive upturn in folk using bing around five years or so ago, as the pills were so shite, many a club night was merely like a huge afterparty - everbody stood around chatting shit, shagging in the bogs or looking for a fight. Coke has always had, probably always will have it's place as a social gathering drug and a cheeky line among the ITK at wedding receptions etc.

Those using bing as a replacement drug because of shit E. then turned on to Mephedrone when it arrived - yes, thinking about it that way, you're right, it makes sense.

But my statement still stands true because a lot of the bubble kids now do bugle, because of the problems criminalising it (Meph) brought about.

So Youri, now you're saying it is friends and acquaintances who've told you rather than fact? I'll stick my previous statement then.

Oh and I agree with Gonzo.

It was 'friends and acquaintances' in a 'my mate bummed a hoover' type way - the O.B. regularly read this forum, I think there's one poster who's openly a Policeman. I'm hardly going to start writing "I witnessed this first hand" - anyway. using first hand accounts only make for bad historiographic practice.

I don't know what your previous statement was, other than you said...

And I didn't know what you were talking about.

The same dealers who were slating drone when it was legal are now selling it (cut with shite and at a huge mark up, naturally). Still quite popular among the Wigan Pier types so the only real difference banning it made is that now the quality has gone way down and the dealers get to make their coin