Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Macbook Pro Or Air

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smiley would be the person to ask on this sort of thing I think.

My PC at home is about to pack up and I'm trying to decide if I should get a laptop or a MacBook. I want a MacBook I think, but at almost double the cost, it'll take some justifying

I'll answer it. It's too expensive and the os is that good that comrade Brown felt the need to load another operating system on as well.

Missus works in the evening and needed Office (not me, feck that), nipper has started doing homework on it . Was either get a copy of windows from work or a new laptop and I'm tight as a gnat's chuff.

I've had the mac for 5 years ish now. Never ever had a problem with it. In that time must have gone through about 4 PC's at work.

• Site Supporter

Made me smile that.

Do you not rate the macbook then Bazza?

apple are the kings of marketing, thats all, what they make is overpriced stuff which is very much style over substance.

Mrs has an Iphone and if she wants to put anything on it at all that isn't purchased from the apple store such as music or books she has to fuck about for ages with Itunes, then normally gives up.  The Android, Windows and Blackberry products we have in the house is simply, plug in drag and drop.

People say all the time,

apple are great, I've had 4 Macbooks, 3 Iphones, 2 Ipads and 5 Ipods............  And never had a problem with any of them.

If they are that good why have you had so fucking many?

All in my opinion obviously.

Missus works in the evening and needed Office (not me, feck that), nipper has started doing homework on it . Was either get a copy of windows from work or a new laptop and I'm tight as a gnat's chuff.

I've had the mac for 5 years ish now. Never ever had a problem with it. In that time must have gone through about 4 PC's at work.

4 pcs in 5 years? You getting hand me downs? Ours at work Dell's are on a 5 year replacement program. Nothing special just desktop pcs running office word excel outlook mainly and a few other web based / thin client programs. We have hundreds of the fuckers and less than 2 percent have had warranty repairs in the 5 year cycle.

Putting music on iPhone seems pretty simple enough to me.

Been using Macs for near enough 25 years now.

Nothing can convince me that they aren't superior to PCs. Nothing.

Do you think they're worth double the cost though? - I suppose if you've been using them for 25 years then that pretty much answers my question.

I'm surprised Garrp hasn't passed comment, I know he much prefers a PC to a Mac