Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

1 hour ago, Gonk said:

Gas on tap? Weird fucker

Tbh having been to Auschwitz, the changing and shower rooms there looked a lot more welcoming. 

I've never had a shower at Horwich so can't comment on what actually comes out of the heads.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter
3 hours ago, DazBob said:

Cryptic tweet from Horwich RMI which indicates T20 finals day has been cancelled?

Presumably because BCL doesn't want them to depart the league with a bumper pay day..?

To be honest, it isn’t a surprise. The BSF would surely be looking to reward those with a bit of loyalty, even if it only lasts another season or two. 

If the two Farnworth clubs jump to GMCL then I can see the other clubs having to find a new league. BCL won’t be attractive enough.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

To be honest, it isn’t a surprise. The BSF would surely be looking to reward those with a bit of loyalty, even if it only lasts another season or two. 

If the two Farnworth clubs jump to GMCL then I can see the other clubs having to find a new league. BCL won’t be attractive enough.

I don't know about Social, but I'd expect Farnworth, along with Little Lever to be the last to go.

Regarding the finals day being cancelled (if that's what's happened),  like them or loathe them, Horwich earned the right to host it by winning it last season.  It smacks of the BCL just giving them a big "Fuck you!" for jumping ship at the end of the season. Quite funny really, but if I was Horwich I'd be seething.

• Moderators

Finals day at Horwich has been cancelled by the league and WH and Horwich removed from the comp.

A majority of clubs had to vote for this to happen. (Kearlsey, Lostock, Blackrod, WH and one other abstained)

The rules of the league said that we had the right to host the final.

We are still in the BCL until the end of the season.

All the clubs have been arguing with each other today. 

Can’t see the BCL lasting after 2023, which is a shame, but it hasn’t evolved.

We have a sponsor who has tipped up any loss of earnings, so no problems with that.

The lads now have a Sunday off and can concentrate on a very tough end to the season.

I dont think the BCL have come out of this very well. Its not affected Horwich 

As much as I detest Horwich RMI CC I think it's totally wrong to stop them hosting the T20 Finals Day on Sunday. IMO RMI earned the right, fairly, to host the finals day.

BCL haven't come out of this well at all. It seems so petty that they didn't want RMI having a last pay day before they abscond with Howfen CC to the GMCL. To do it so close to the actual day is pathetic too.

As a Lostock CC member I'm glad that we abstained rather than voted for it.

I've heard that FSC have a massive issue with RMI after an encounter earlier this season. I think the chairman of the league is from that club?

I'm fairly certain that after the 2023 season the BCL will no longer exist, all teams will de-camp to GMCL or other local leagues. It's a shame but nothing stays the same for ever. I'm actually looking forward to visiting new grounds.

1 hour ago, Horwich said:

Semi final now on this Sunday at Horwich🙄

Just Finals Day fully reinstated or just one semi?

Edit:  ignore that question, just seen your tweet.  All seems very daft/petty.

Anyway, C'mon The Bridge.

Edited by DazBob