Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

Horwich have surely got to come out and publicly condemn what happened. I'll not hold my breath though after #snitchgate

The little racist shithouse made sure he was as far away as possible when he made his disgusting, cowardly remark. He then back doored it at the end.

Fair play to the rest of the Horwich lads who seemed as disgusted as everyone else.

Just a shame that a team who have dominated the T20 for the last few years leave the competition with this cloud over them.

7 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Horwich have surely got to come out and publicly condemn what happened. I'll not hold my breath though after #snitchgate

The little racist shithouse made sure he was as far away as possible when he made his disgusting, cowardly remark. He then back doored it at the end.

Fair play to the rest of the Horwich lads who seemed as disgusted as everyone else.

Just a shame that a team who have dominated the T20 for the last few years leave the competition with this cloud over them.

He was the only one not to reappear for the presentations etc too.
Probably just bantz that got misunderstood again 😉

He's a prick, but we shouldn't name and shame him, should we?
Yet his brother who plays for Farnworth is a decent lad by all accounts.

6 minutes ago, Traf said:

Yep, I saw him sneak off with his hood up. Lucky he didn't get filled in.

As I said, fair play to the rest of the Horwich players, there didn't appear to be any sort of defence of him.

Horrible little cunt.

As for naming and shaming him, it's not my place to do so, but I'd not have a problem with anyone else doing it. He deserves any shit that comes his way. He should also never play cricket again.

Edited by DazBob

"First time I’ve experienced direct racism towards me and just feel so angry and sad at the same time how can you discriminate or make comments just because of the color of my skin feel hurt and overwhelmed SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE @BoltonCricketUK @fsccc_cricket @HORWICHRMI"

"The problem with racism is people always want to brush it under the carpet and move on and I WONT. People need to know and action needs to be taken IMMEDIATELY I have a daughter and she shouldn’t feel how I feel now because of the color of her skin I WILL NOT BE QUIET ABOUT IT"

2 hours ago, Traf said:

His brother at Farnworth is as bigger a cunt. The whole family are cunts especially the dad. Been banned from all pubs in Howfen. 

Good to see that RMI's Overseas Pro 2 has condemned it. Sorry if it's happened but haven't seen anything from official RMI's Twatter apologising for one of their players behaviour. 

Thank fuck these horrible cunts are going elsewhere next season 👍

1 minute ago, jeep said:

Sorry if it's happened but haven't seen anything from official RMI's Twatter apologising for one of their players behaviour. 

Nope.

Odd that their Twitter admin has time to post on here, but doesn't have time to issue an apology on Twitter.

Given how disgusted their players seemed I'm surprised.

6 minutes ago, jeep said:

His brother at Farnworth is as bigger a cunt. The whole family are cunts especially the dad. Been banned from all pubs in Howfen. 

I don't know the brother, I'd just been told he was OK.

51 minutes ago, Horwich said:

The discussion is on twitter 👍

There doesn't even need to be a discussion. There should be an unreserved apology and a condemnation of your player.

If he played for us then he'd be banned from setting foot on our ground forever. I'm hoping you do the same.

This isn't bantz or point scoring. It's fucking disgusting. Surely you agree, even with your Howich hat on.

Just now, jeep said:

He really isn't. 

In fact I'd say he's worse than his brother. 

Dunno what he's like tbh. But what I witnessed tonight was not dissimilar to the shouts you'd hear from terraces in the early eighties.

Oddly enough he wasn't even alive then.

Again, I can't stress enough how appalled his teammates were, so credit to them.

That said, there really does need to be an official apology from the club.

Agreed @DazBob. Saw the game myself tonight and it was very close up until the last 5 overs. In particular some of the fielding on show was exemplary. 

What I saw with just a few runs needed to win was an absolute disgrace and the player in question should be banned for life. I’m surprised RMI haven’t said a peep about it on social media. 

• Moderators

You need to acknowledge the accusations and state the player will not represent your club again asap. It’s a clusterfuck if you do anything differently. Otherwise, from the outside, it looks like you are closing ranks, or complicit in racism.

3 hours ago, Horwich said:

Horwich spoke directly to the player yesterday.

He was happy with the response.

He also liked my tweet saying Horwich RMI should issue a public apology, not only to him but to all those who witnessed it.

10 minutes ago, jeep said:

BCL have issued a statement. Its being investigated and can folk refrain from discussing on social media. 

BCL can fuck off. This needs addressing,  not brushing under the carpet.

Let's get this right. There's no "alleged" or anything here. No investigation required.

Horwich RMI should have already put out an apology and a condemnation of their player.

They've not even had the courtesy to congratulate their opponents on winning.

Not surprised in the slightest though.

Good riddance.