Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anthony Barness

tomski

Was at the match yesterday. Said his 5 years at bwfc were by far his happiest in football. Said the team were close as you like. Hierro the humblest superstar ever! Great times, top man.

Ps apparently Rodney jack is a shelf stacker at asda Crewe??

AB is a top, top bloke.

His kid was at my lad's primary school and AB used to donate loads of money/kit etc to the school.

Quite funny seeing kids at a school in Trafford wearing Wanderers kits for school matches.

My son and I loved it, of course.

Always thought the signing of Barness and Whitlow turned out to be fantastic. No nonsense full backs who used their abilities to their best advantage. They did their jobs, kept things simple and with gundi gave us the base to build again.

AB is a top, top bloke.

His kid was at my lad's primary school and AB used to donate loads of money/kit etc to the school.

Quite funny seeing kids at a school in Trafford wearing Wanderers kits for school matches.

My son and I loved it, of course.

I thought I saw him in Flixton/Urmston a couple of times.

Always thought I was mistaken

Edited by mickbrown

Always thought the signing of Barness and Whitlow turned out to be fantastic. No nonsense full backs who used their abilities to their best advantage. They did their jobs, kept things simple and with gundi gave us the base to build again.

They would be booed before getting on the pitch these days.

People forget before we had Rivaldo,Veloso and Saviola we had the likes of barness, whitlow and Ian Marshall.

People forget before we had Rivaldo,Veloso and Saviola we had the likes of barness, whitlow and Ian Marshall.

Difference is with them two is they would put their nuts on the line each week. Most of the twats we have got now dont even know where the fuck their nuts are.

i dont go these days stevie, but i reckon if our defense kept it to 0 or at most 1 per game whilst feeding the midfield and forward line with regular bread and butter forward passes the masses would not boo. Stay in position and defend first and foremost.

A quick google and you mither him directly:

Company details: AB Tiling rgb1_title_bar.gif Company:    AB Tiling Address:   299 Upper Shoreham Road
Shoreham-By-Sea
West Sussex
BN43 5QA Contact:   Anthony Barness Telephone:   07956 503329 Email:   anthonyat.gifbarness.co.uk Category:   tilers Area scope:   brighton
lancing
shoreham by sea

Whitlow, Barness, Charlton, Marshall - that type of journeyman player formed the basis of our revival under Fat Sam and we need a manager who can unearth these solid players which together with a foreign gem like Per and Gudni would be the platform for success. The only equivalent type is McNaughton possibly.

Was at the match yesterday. Said his 5 years at bwfc were by far his happiest in football. Said the team were close as you like. Hierro the humblest superstar ever! Great times, top man.

Ps apparently Rodney jack is a shelf stacker at asda Crewe??

Brought my mate along to Brighton who supports Crewe, he told everyone this story.

The amount of Rodney Jack songs I had to put up with at Uni... well lets just say that I'm glad his all time hero now works at Tesco