Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

1 hour ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I love my topangas, don’t like wearing them because of it, bomb proof them things.

Not brought myself to look at them since I took them off on Friday, a hungover memory of sloshing through a filthy puddle in them the night before went through my mind and made me shudder.

They're one of if not the best SPZL release I think. Although I am looking forward to getting those Winter Hill back on over winter.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

im in, been waiting for these rascals.  If unsuccessful hoping the SL76s ive just got will be bait for someone to swap.  Fingers crossed :)

I think the Gazelles are on the app only as well, total farce any time I've tried to use that thing. Some photos of them from shop display cabinets popping up on Twitter, they look decent.

Anyone taking the plunge on the Elland SPZL? Will certainly be some wound up Leeds fans who miss out on them.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I think the Gazelles are on the app only as well, total farce any time I've tried to use that thing. Some photos of them from shop display cabinets popping up on Twitter, they look decent.

Anyone taking the plunge on the Elland SPZL? Will certainly be some wound up Leeds fans who miss out on them.

The Elland look great, yes I’m in for them too, look classy.  The SL76 come today, they’re pretty smart to be fair, the yellows are a bit bright but like I said earlier, just hoping to use them as a bargaining for the Dentist Chair.  I really do want these, just like most old England supporters I suppose.

12 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

The Elland look great, yes I’m in for them too, look classy.  The SL76 come today, they’re pretty smart to be fair, the yellows are a bit bright but like I said earlier, just hoping to use them as a bargaining for the Dentist Chair.  I really do want these, just like most old England supporters I suppose.

Elland look like same model as the Lotherton which are really comfy so you could be onto a winner with them. I like the slightly off-white finish to those Gazelles it gives them a sort of worn look, squeaky leather white trainers are not for me, but now I'm interested!

4 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Elland look like same model as the Lotherton which are really comfy so you could be onto a winner with them. I like the slightly off-white finish to those Gazelles it gives them a sort of worn look, squeaky leather white trainers are not for me, but now I'm interested!

Elland, Dentist Chair, Shanghai and Kolns and thats me done this year.  I hardly wear leather trainers, too warm for summer is my thinking.  Im just hoping the Ellands are the more mustard colour, not that ive much chance of getting any of the above.

3 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Elland, Dentist Chair, Shanghai and Kolns and thats me done this year.  I hardly wear leather trainers, too warm for summer is my thinking.  Im just hoping the Ellands are the more mustard colour, not that ive much chance of getting any of the above.

Yeah they're sweaty and squeaky and I dont think leather ones go with shorts too well unless it's a mucky do like a gig or festival.

Just seen the Havana, the Glasgow twin Size are doing, I'm not sure how many of these 20th anniversary releases they're doing.

24 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yeah they're sweaty and squeaky and I dont think leather ones go with shorts too well unless it's a mucky do like a gig or festival.

Just seen the Havana, the Glasgow twin Size are doing, I'm not sure how many of these 20th anniversary releases they're doing.

those Havanas are a decent pascal coloured summery sort, perfect holiday trainers.   Yes, i want them too, wouldnt wear them in town mind 

4 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

im hearing you can queue up for the Dentist Chair, is there any truth in it Marc do you know.  if im not allocated any in the draw ill go and queue for some.

I've joined the raffle for the euro 96's hoping to scalp a few quid off an old hooligan! 🤣 

On 11/08/2020 at 17:28, Marc505 said:

No not heard anything, I thought they were trying to avoid queues for the Cordoba for social distancing but they might have changed their practices now

im queuing up now, just another 6hrs 37mins to opening time.  after the fuck up extending the raffle i wasnt risking it.

11 hours ago, Breightmet Boy said:

im queuing up now, just another 6hrs 37mins to opening time.  after the fuck up extending the raffle i wasnt risking it.

How did you get on? I'd surely hope queuing that long would lead to success?! Been a long time since I did any queuing outside Size

18 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

ive got them, i was 7th in line behind some blackburn and burnley fans.  Nice bit of banter 🙂

I didn't have these down as an all nighter job, some going that. Did Size make provisions for social distancing or anything?

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I didn't have these down as an all nighter job, some going that. Did Size make provisions for social distancing or anything?

yes, they even cancelled sales of these at their Newcastle store, i think because of the link with Paul Gascoigne.  three at a time into the store, size of shoe taken at the entrance and and shoes sent up in a mini lift.  Stickers on the pavement outside the main door.

2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

it got busy at 5am, i think the trams start then, but to be honest i think i could of turned up at 7am and got what i wanted, but didnt know what to expect, ive only ever queued like that for match tickets.