Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

adidas Thread

Horwich

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

They basically said they queue all night in London, and about 5 mins before opening gangsters/top boys turn up, and the security staff know better than to stop them pushing in

Fuck getting blasted over a pair of trainers! Some of the lengths people go to queue for the Nike stuff puts the adidas lot in the shade, camping for weeks in advance taking shifts in tents.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Fuck getting blasted over a pair of trainers! Some of the lengths people go to queue for the Nike stuff puts the adidas lot in the shade, camping for weeks in advance taking shifts in tents.

I camped out for the Dentist Chairs, stupid i know, but I was convinced they’d sell straight out, only 12-8am mind.

40 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've never seen that site and I'm going to get rabbit holed now!

Done my share of all night queuing, 8 till about midnight is a laugh and strangely exciting, the hour or so before store opening is exciting (or infuriating if a van load of scrotes turn up and try to gatecrash) but those dead hours 3, 4, 5am when the city goes completely quiet are truly desolate.

Didnt even get my size the last time I did it!

Birminghams

December. Snowing 

Did 4am til opening. 29th in the queue and rumoured to be 29 pairs. 

Shutters open and some cunt had been keeping warm in his car jumps in the queue next to his mate. 

Gets to the front and they'd sold out. 

Never again. 

Just now, stevieb said:

Birminghams

December. Snowing 

Shutters open and some cunt had been keeping warm in his car jumps in the queue next to his mate. 

Never again. 

I remember you saying on here.  I’d of gone mental

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

I camped out for the Dentist Chairs, stupid i know, but I was convinced they’d sell straight out, only 12-8am mind.

Seen a pair in Manchester Size yesterday and thought about you saying you'd queued! Nice them.

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Birminghams

December. Snowing 

Never again. 

Absolutely infuriating that and I think similar thing happening a few times led to a system where they put you on a list if you're there first. It was chaos for those anniversary releases that included the Birmingham.

By the time the store opened for the Manchesters, despite there only being 1500 made worldwide, there were easily that many in the queue for that one store it went round the corner and off past the Chop House. People paying tramps and young kids to sit in the queue all night on their behalf.

As for the leather Dublins it was the night we drew 0-0 with Algeria in WC there were some absolutely fucked people in that queue and stumbling round town.