Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who Should You Vote For?

stevieb

My whole point to it all, is I am trying to understand the very first statement I made about the UK handing over 30 million pounds per day to the EU. and this is happening every day and I still cant see what we are getting for it. what is coming in every day in money as a return for that outgoing?? I find it strange that other people dont wonder that.

Do some research. Remember, the only party who want us out of the EU are UKIP.

Yes. Are you?

About what?

Go on then explain to class the conditions that must be fulfilled for an in/out referendum to take place if the Conservatives are elected

About what?

Go on then explain to class the conditions that must be fulfilled for an in/out referendum to take place if the Conservatives are elected

The EU attempt to increase their power over the UK. Simple as that. It's not going to happen. Unless you know better?

The EU attempt to increase their power over the UK. Simple as that. It's not going to happen. Unless you know better?

So you aren't going to back up your statement. Some surprise.

Edited by boltondiver

My whole point to it all, is I am trying to understand the very first statement I made about the UK handing over 30 million pounds per day to the EU. and this is happening every day and I still cant see what we are getting for it. what is coming in every day in money as a return for that outgoing?? I find it strange that other people dont wonder that.

First things first your asking to put a tangible figure on something that you can never accurately calculate

It's not the cost of being in it that is the great issue (yes £30m a day isn't the end of the world with the UK's GDP)

The cost of not being in Should be your question, it's one that everyone else is trying to guess and nobody knows for sure

Many big business leaders believe it's much greater than £30m a day meaning leaving the EU would be crazy but again nobody knows for sure

FWIW I think it will be renegotiated down at some point and that should give you a new lower figure that you can repeat over and over again

First things first your asking to put a tangible figure on something that you can never accurately calculate

It's not the cost of being in it that is the great issue (yes £30m a day isn't the end of the world with the UK's GDP)

The cost of not being in Should be your question, it's one that everyone else is trying to guess and nobody knows for sure

Many big business leaders believe it's much greater than £30m a day meaning leaving the EU would be crazy but again nobody knows for sure

FWIW I think it will be renegotiated down at some point and that should give you a new lower figure that you can repeat over and over again

You shouldn't have mentioned GDP is head will explode :thumbsup:

I still dont see it. it is 30 million out every day and nothing back every day ( monetary ). Unless I am shown otherwise.

I've been out on a mission for most of the day (up the M65 and far away), and this is running wild.

The EEC (as it then was) was founded by 6 countries France, Germany, Italy and the BeNeLux states. France took steps to ensure UK was not included and twice vetoed attempts by UK Tory goverments to join. The French were very keen that their Common Agricultural Policy was maintained, enabling French farmers a good living while Africa starved.

The UK was in a separate trade group of 7 countries (EFTA), a sort of second tier division.

In 1973 Heath's Tory Government joined the EEC, abandoning Australia, New Zealand and Canada to their own devices. The first two have established closer trading links with the Far East (to a greater extent than would have otherwise been the case.

When Wilson got back in in 1974 he arranged a referendum (held in 1975) as to whether UK should stay in. Both major parties were split, but broadly in favour by then, and the position was supported by 67.2% of those voting. Support was distinctly higher in England than Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland (the latter only just accepting). The Tory PR campaign in favour was run by Jeffrey Archer, on behalf of Heath's then shadow cabinet.

The other (shafted) members of EFTA generally followed suit in joining the EEC which has become the EU and adopted a much stronger desire to be a united single state.

When the Berlin Wall came down and the Communist bloc of Eastern Europe became free, Gorbachev accepted East Germany's right to be reunited with West Germany (and, lo, they call it Germany). For this he is now reviled in Russia to about the level Chamberlain is in this country. Many of those counries have joined the expanded EU and this is a a great concern to Russia in general and Putin in particular. You don't need to agree with him, but if you step back at least you can see where he is coming from. (West) Germany dug deep into its pockets to fund reunification, and is doing so again over Greece. Think of it not as the EU but the German Empire. They are finding it far more palatable to conquer in this way than by fighting. Where will that end?

And double mandates as members of a national partliament while being an MEP has always been discouraged, but from 2009 it is simply not allowed. So if Farage becomes an MP he will resign as an MEP. Unlike Dr Ian Paisley, who was simultaneously an MEP, MP and MLA (at Stormont), as was John Hume.

Pretty amazing that the main issue being discussed in this thread about the general election is our membership of the EU.

No it’s been a varied topics, its only since the 'business owner' started with the 30 million that’s it’s gone that way, I think it was 30 million , I will have go back and check

``Think of it not as the EU but the German Empire. They are finding it far more palatable to conquer in this way than by fighting. Where will that end?``

This is what I was saying earlier. And it is very obvious the Germans are doing this.

``Think of it not as the EU but the German Empire. They are finding it far more palatable to conquer in this way than by fighting. Where will that end?``

This is what I was saying earlier. And it is very obvious the Germans are doing this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Not much point in continuing this discussion.

What I said was that the Germans will end up in control of it all.

When you said earlier that being in the EU will be a guarantee of no wars in Europe, I asked why? because as I see it, it is more likely to happen.

Edited by overseas