Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Donald Dead Cat On Is Head Trump

little whitt

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

did Khan resort to "name calling"?  I saw an article where he was critical of DT and things like the abortion laws being passed, but never got personal

Khan's got history, as have many MPs of shooting their mouths off on social media. Numerous examples all over this forum. If others want to waste time quantifying who worse at it then fine, for me I'd hope they'd all show more decorum, and stay off the likes of Twitter but they don't.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Khan's got history, as have many MPs of shooting their mouths off on social media. Numerous examples all over this forum. If others want to waste time quantifying who worse at it then fine, for me I'd hope they'd all show more decorum, and stay off the likes of Twitter but they don't.

Criticising someone's policies is not name calling. Its simply the usual political discourse. 

So Khan presents a rational and coherent case for why he disagrees with Trump's policies and Trump's response is "loser". 

Mind you, some don't seem to care about rational and coherent and just want politics to be name calling and based on nothing concrete at all. If you want that then Trump's a dream. 

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Criticising someone's policies is not name calling. Its simply the usual political discourse. 

So Khan presents a rational and coherent case for why he disagrees with Trump's policies and Trump's response is "loser". 

Mind you, some don't seem to care about rational and coherent and just want politics to be name calling and based on nothing concrete at all. If you want that then Trump's a dream. 

Bit like Jeremy Corbyn calling Theresa May a “stupid woman” in the House of Commons

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Can you imagine any other President giving a shiny shit what the Mayor of London thinks of them? Never mind react like a child.

No.

The bloke's a bell end, he doesn't need folk in authority doing likewise to highlight this.

Moreover, we've got to look beyond his time. Deal with the US government etc without poking the hornet's nest and giving him any more ammunition.

He thrives on it and it fuels him.

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Saying he’s like a 20th century fascist? Do you think he’s going to sit back and not reply? 

What he actually said...

“President Donald Trump is just one of the most egregious examples of a growing global threat. The far right is on the rise around the world, threatening our hard-won rights and freedoms and the values that have defined our liberal, democratic societies for more than 70 years

“Viktor Orbán in Hungary, Matteo Salvini in Italy, Marine Le Pen in France and Nigel Farage here in the UK are using the same divisive tropes of the fascists of the 20th century to garner support, but with new sinister methods to deliver their message. And they are gaining ground and winning power and influence in places that would have been unthinkable just a few years ago.”

4 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Come on, RW, he's a wanker...he's a draft dodging tosser.

And if he went to war he’s a child killer! As before you and many other think he’s a wanker. Many others don’t. It’s a difference of opinions, surely you can deal with that? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

You don't think khan might be taking the opportunity to score a few  points then and deflect from his own performance?

Whatever his opinions of Trump are, there's no need to use Twitter to promote them. 

Why not straight bat any questions put to him, with something along the line of "I'm not a fan of his, but as I'm the mayor of London, I'll focus my energies into this role". And leave it at that.

Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You don't think khan might be taking the opportunity to score a few  points then and deflect from his own performance?

Whatever his opinions of Trump are, there's no need to use Twitter to promote them. 

Why not straight bat any questions put to him, with something along the line of "I'm not a fan of his, but as I'm the mayor of London, I'll focus my energies into this role". And leave it at that.

Why would he do that? He was interviewed in the national media - why shouldn't he have a say. If you're going to take that line then why do so many politicians including the PM have weekly columns in the papers to construct their own propaganda? 

And if your concern is over the Mayor of London constructing relatively rational tweets are you not more enraged that the President of the USA uses his twitter account to frequently rant at others?

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

You seriously don't think he's ridiculous?

He’s a long way from perfect, but name me anyone who isn’t. Look at the state of the clowns we have running and wanting to run our country. Is he worse than them? You’ll probably say yes I’ll say no. 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

He’s a long way from perfect, but name me anyone who isn’t. Look at the state of the clowns we have running and wanting to run our country. Is he worse than them? You’ll probably say yes I’ll say no. 

Fair enough, we obviously have different ridiculous thresholds

18 minutes ago, royal white said:

Bit like Jeremy Corbyn calling Theresa May a “stupid woman” in the House of Commons

You're comparing something Corbyn muttered under his breath to Trump tweeting it to millions of people the moment that the world's media is focusing on his arrival in the UK?

7 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

You're comparing something Corbyn muttered under his breath to Trump tweeting it to millions of people the moment that the world's media is focusing on his arrival in the UK?

Yes I am as it’s name calling. JC did it in the Houses of Parliament in a debate that is filmed and shown to millions. It was hardly down his local.

10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes I am as it’s name calling. JC did it in the Houses of Parliament in a debate that is filmed and shown to millions. It was hardly down his local.

I mean, it's not the same, but I'm not bothering to discuss it with you anymore as it's futile. It also has nothing to do with Khan, who clearly hasn't been name calling, as you suggested.

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Fair enough, we obviously have different ridiculous thresholds

I don't think it's that. RW just has a thing for "bad boys". Look how quickly he leaps to their defense when anybody criticises them. Tommy, Nigel, Donald....