Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Eid Mubarek

Carlos

Under 12 you're not supposed to fast. Some kids do mini fasts were you miss breakfast or if their parents are real idiots then lunch but according to blokes I know through work in crumpsall and longsight no imman is going to ask them. The exact quote from a bloke was it's ridiculous and misinterpretation. Been working with Muslim community a lot lately. Couple of high schools in Manchester shut for eid. The biggest shock for me was the kids go to school everyday and then mosque afterwards for an hour or two.

It's all quiet interesting. You can't shout or get angry during fasting. A lot of the shops I work in, the staff are all turning up late as they know they won't get turfed

Edited by tomski

I'm sure those figures are available, but i wouldn't know where I could find them. It does seem that 20% of those in Category A prisons are Muslim though.......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3424584/Muslims-UK-3-million-time-50-born-outside-Britain-Number-country-doubles-decade-immigration-birth-rates-soar.html

The point that I was getting at is that there isn't actually as many in the country as some people might think - but that depends where you live. I can go days without seeing anybody with brown skin where I live, and I don't think I've ever seen anybody walking around in a burka close to where I live. I know that some people would be surprised that the overall number of Muslims in the country is under 5%, many will think it's actually a lot higher....but then I suppose many of those people automatically assume anybody with brown skin is Muslim

In the 80s I knew a Barnsley season ticket holder who, surprisingly, got lost looking for the old Huddersfield ground. He needed to stop and ask, but all those he could see were of dusky hues, and he wouldn't have any truck with them. Eventually he came across a white man and asked directions. He transpired to be a Belarussian who spoke no English.

In the 80s I knew a Barnsley season ticket holder who, surprisingly, got lost looking for the old Huddersfield ground. He needed to stop and ask, but all those he could see were of dusky hues, and he wouldn't have any truck with them. Eventually he came across a white man and asked directions. He transpired to be a Belarussian who spoke no English.

Sounds like approaching Burnley from Nelson.