Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boring Boring Tables

Alf Hartigan

Having a pop at the BDO quality is understandable but is similar to Premier league fans deriding league 1/2.

Of course it is inferior (money talks) but the next star is still likely to appear from it's ranks.

The next star might come from it's ranks, but lets be honest, watching that lot is piss poor - they're just pub players, in fact there are probably better players in pubs. I said it last year, but i reckon if I practised for a few months solid, I could  easily get to the Q/Fs of this competition, probably even win it if I tried hard enough.

MVG was averaging something like 110 through the tournament, what is the average this lot get, about 60?

Your completely missing the point.

All players start in the pub, where do you think they come from?

You do not have to watch it.

But as I said comparing the quality of the two events is like Man U fans saying their reserve team can beat most league 1/2 teams.

Yes because money is now dictating things in darts as in football.

You cannot deny that MVG would beat BDO players with two darts but there will be a few pub players getting a platform in the BDO that will become future stars.

Jesus Christ....I've just flicked the darts on, and it was a couple of flatdicks playing. It was best of 3, took them about 20 minutes a set. The commentator afterwards was saying what a good game it was............with a great average of 20 darts each per leg. I swear one leg took about 35 darts for a player to win it.

Jesus Christ....I've just flicked the darts on, and it was a couple of flatdicks playing. It was best of 3, took them about 20 minutes a set. The commentator afterwards was saying what a good game it was............with a great average of 20 darts each per leg. I swear one leg took about 35 darts for a player to win it.

I wouldn't trust our peg in a crowded area with 3 sharpened missiles for a gold clock.