Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

18 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Very interesting. Don't understand the full details, but it seems to be exploding more barriers.

Zzzzzzzzzz... This is old news and already covered several times in this thread. A24 means jackshit if the EU don't agree to it and even then the WTO can block it if they decide a FTA between the UK & EU is not possible in a reasonable period of time. LawyersforBritain = Brexitcentral

Edit

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

Edited by Salford Trotter

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Zzzzzzzzzz... This is old news and already covered several times in this thread. A24 means jackshit if the EU don't agree to it and even then the WTO can block it if they decide a FTA between the UK & EU is not possible in a reasonable period of time. LawyersforBritain = Brexitcentral

Edit

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/brexit/no-deal-brexit-and-wto-article-24-explained/

Seen that previously.

The latest link was about a very recent piece. Perhaps opinions differ amongst the law fraternity. After all, there was disagreement amongst senior law officials during the brexit debate.

On that basis, if one is proposing a potential way forward, rather that putting up barriers, I'm happy to go with it for a while.

Oh, and it's XXIV remember!

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Steven Kinnock supporting, which I found interesting 

Same here mate.

Though now his inherited EU gravy train is running out of steam, he probably knows it’s for the best to side with his constituents.

He is one shallow bastard.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Seen that previously.

The latest link was about a very recent piece. Perhaps opinions differ amongst the law fraternity. After all, there was disagreement amongst senior law officials during the brexit debate.

On that basis, if one is proposing a potential way forward, rather that putting up barriers, I'm happy to go with it for a while.

There were so many ifs buts and maybes in the article to offer anything constructive

• Site Supporter
Just now, Salford Trotter said:

There were so many ifs buts and maybes in the article to offer anything constructive

I didn't see it like that. Suggesting a method, and referred to a document already written. Who knows, it might be useful for Boris and his cohorts when push comes to shove.

Just now, darwen_white said:

I was referring to Rory Stewart, a middle of the road politician. 

He's been potted into the dustbin with Soubry, Chucka, Clegg etc.

'middle of the road' Tory Party MP perhaps but certainly not in the centre ground of politics today but carry on believing it if it suits your narrative

9 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

that maybe so mate but what has got to do with the rise of the centre ground in British politics today?

Peter dear boy, stop getting erratic.

I was merely quoting a fact and not insinuating anything whatsoever.

It seem you lefties have hit the bottle a lot recently when the reality of leaving the sinking EU ship has finally set in.

Chin chin :D

15 minutes ago, darwen_white said:

I was referring to Rory Stewart, a middle of the road politician. 

He's been potted into the dustbin with Soubry, Chucka, Clegg etc.

I bet Darwen will reap the benefits of the new Boris led government. Not 😀

15 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

'middle of the road' Tory Party MP perhaps but certainly not in the centre ground of politics today but carry on believing it if it suits your narrative

Where is the middle between leave and remain?

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Would you want him to fail or succeed?

I have always voted for a party who will positively change the lives of the less well off in society so that should answer your question. And by the way BJ will not care about towns like Darwen so I hope they have a well stocked food bank.

6 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Peter dear boy, stop getting erratic.

I was merely quoting a fact and not insinuating anything whatsoever.

It seem you lefties have hit the bottle a lot recently when the reality of leaving the sinking EU ship has finally set in.

Chin chin :D

😂me a leftie?? You seem to forget when I told you I have never voted Labour in my life that still applies today🤣

Mounts is your born again Tory

4 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I have always voted for a party who will positively change the lives of the less well off in society so that should answer your question. And by the way BJ will not care about towns like Darwen so I hope they have a well stocked food bank.

Which party brought in food banks?