Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

We'll need some good luck negotiating trade deals after our credit rating has dropped through the floor for failing to fulfill our financial commitments. 

Our commitments are a lot less than £39bn. As you well know.

The rest up in the air. As you well know.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

How much are they then? 

Do you not think refusing to pay our outstanding financial commitments will affect our credit rating across the world? 

Edited by Cheese

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Look at Boris' track record when it comes to delivering what he says 

Heathrow expansion. Said he would stick up for his constituents. What happened when it came round to the vote about it in government? 

He fucked off 

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How much are they then? 

Do you not think refusing to pay our outstanding financial commitments will affect our credit rating across the world? 

Dramatically unlikely

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Look at Boris' track record when it comes to delivering what he says 

Heathrow expansion. Said he would stick up for his constituents. What happened when it came round to the vote about it in government? 

He fucked off 

I'm not convinced by him at all.

It just appears that he's going to get the gig; on that basis I hope he can deliver. Like Kent said, he may manage to galvanise enough support to do it. If not, he's fucked.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Cheese said:

How much are they then? 

Find it for yourself, or does it not suit.

It's common knowledge that £39bn includes a proportion for ongoing commitments and the rest as part of the agreed withdrawal agreement.

I would assume that even in a no deal, the government would honour any monies due.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Find it for yourself, or does it not suit.

It's common knowledge that £39bn includes a proportion for ongoing commitments and the rest as part of the agreed withdrawal agreement.

I would assume that even in a no deal, the government would honour any monies due.

Where do you think the £39bn figure has come from then? 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I'm beginning to think he hasn't realised this.

Someone must have written £39bn on the side of a bus.

Jesus christ. The willful misunderstanding is astonishing. How do you get through life? 

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

No doubt you've read that on brexitcentral. Incredible. 

Perhaps lay off posting when you’ve been drinking?

Come to think of it; are you drinking all of the time?

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, boltondiver said:

Perhaps lay off posting when you’ve been drinking?

Come to think of it; are you drinking all of the time?

Resorted to nicking miami's lines now. Have you ever had an original thought in your life? 

22 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Resorted to nicking miami's lines now. Have you ever had an original thought in your life? 

Have a splendid weekend, our Cheese

Johnson’s former editor at the Times has rather accurately assassinated him in the past.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-english-love-a-buffoon-but-the-boris-johnson-joke-went-tragically-wrong-2m3fmt5km

He’s exactly what the Brexit brigade want. Except, I’d be wary for them because if he thinks Brexit will damage his chances of being PM for a while he will suddenly pivot and become a Europhile. A man without a single principle, shred of credibility or ethic will be our next PM. And he will be cheered on by the same grinning dead behind the eyes angry mob that caused this meltdown in the first place.

There are some strange folks around;

• 5yTcrgMR_bigger.jpg
Still fighting for Europe for the many - join us for this mass demo against the right wing fascist coup that is Brexit

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite. I have jars full of pulses. I also have a freezer full of meat.

A healthy, balanced diet. 

That MP should try it, she might have an epiphany.

She'd call you a fascist. People like that always do if you have a different view or outlook than them.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

She'd call you a fascist. People like that always do if you have a different view or outlook than them.

If you support the same causes as fascists, you're probably a fascist. 

What change to your life are you most looking forward to after we've left the EU? 

28 minutes ago, Cheese said:

If you support the same causes as fascists, you're probably a fascist. 

What change to your life are you most looking forward to after we've left the EU? 

I'm looking forward to knowing that  when I enter a polling station the people I'm voting for are genuinely 100 per cent in charge with no interference from the likes of unelected EU commissioners. I have this really old fashioned belief in democracy, you see.

I'm also looking forward to this country's economy thriving to the benefit of everyone once free of the shackles of the EU. I'm also looking forward to sneering twats like you having the cocksure attitude driven out of you over a period of time by the proof that Brexit was the right decision.

Tell me, in your all too clear enthusiasm for the EU, would you have us in the Euro? If not, why not?

Edited by paulhanley

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, paulhanley said:

I'm looking forward to knowing that  when I enter a polling station the people I'm voting for are genuinely 100 per cent in charge with no interference from the likes of unelected EU commissioners. I have this really old fashioned belief in democracy, you see.

I'm also looking forward to this country's economy thriving to the benefit of everyone once free of the shackles of the EU. I'm also looking forward to sneering twats like you having the cocksure attitude driven out of you over a period of time by the proof that Brexit was the right decision.

Tell me, in your all too clear enthusiasm for the EU, would you have us in the Euro? If not, why not?

Did you know that Corbyn is a fascist?

Or Dominic Grieve is a left winger/communist?

I've learned something today! :)