Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

43 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Absolutely, anyone but hunt. Same problems as with May if he got in.

That other remaining chap has just withdrawn. Good chap.

Gove saying Brexit must be delayed until we get a deal; must be on drugs

2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Maybe so but he might be just what we need right now. Theresa the appeaser didn’t work out too well (unless you voted remain)  and maybe it’s time we went another tack. 

Where as good old Boris sticks to his principles 

He spunked 45m on consultation on a bridge that only he, his mate Joanna Lumley and her architect mate wanted 

Plus the water cannons 

Plus lying down in front of bulldozers for Heathrow expansion 

The bloke is a continual opportunist 

And the so called Boris bikes weren't his idea 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Gove saying Brexit must be delayed until we get a deal; must be on drugs

Is that what he said? Kinell!

I'd heard him a while back saying he would accept a delay if a deal was close and just needed a bit of time to be ratified. I could go with that, but not a delay until one is achieved. 

We'd go on ad infinitum!

Must have been strong stuff.

Scottish Conservative leader Ruth Davidson has said Ms Sturgeon "refuses to accept the result" of the EU referendum "because she lost it", adding that "democracy will be damaged fundamentally" if politicians "change the rules after the event".

Sounds familiar!

31 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Seems the technology is available. Quelle surprise.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9266026/brexit-irish-border-technology-brussels/

Will that be enough for the EU to drop the backstop? The EU know a Brexiteer will be more than likely taking over negotiations, I’d guess that the backstop will miraculously not now be required and that’ll confirm it was just a tactical negotiating ploy from the EU as Brexiteers had argued from the outset. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

35 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Will that be enough for the EU to drop the backstop? The EU know a Brexiteer will be more than likely taking over negotiations, I’d guess that the backstop will miraculously not now be required and that’ll confirm it was just a tactical negotiating ploy from the EU as Brexiteers had argued from the outset. 

Looks like it

Again, no surprise to people on here.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Seems the technology is available. Quelle surprise.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/9266026/brexit-irish-border-technology-brussels/

Interesting, but this sentence still stood out in that article -

EU officials stress that current tech still cannot eliminate all the checks needed to avoid a “hard border” as Britain has pledged.

22 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Eu still trying to leverage the border as an issue, sad really, sums the EU up. 

You spin me right round like a record. 

The article quoted says the technology to deliver what ‘we’ are demanding does not exist. 

This also does not address the concerns raised about both sides in Ireland accepting what technology is available. 

Where are you on my question re what the WTO terms will be that you think we should accept ? 

26 minutes ago, Ani said:

You spin me right round like a record. 

The article quoted says the technology to deliver what ‘we’ are demanding does not exist. 

This also does not address the concerns raised about both sides in Ireland accepting what technology is available. 

Where are you on my question re what the WTO terms will be that you think we should accept ? 

WTO has its own rules, we would accept those rules. You do know I said there will be a deal done don’t you? So in my opinion it won’t come to that.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

17 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

And up 800 points since December 2018.  But as you know the fluctuations have nowt to do with Brexit. 

True but they quoted in this thread as good news from a Brexit supporter. My reply was giving balance. The thing that bores me most with this debate is one side claiming good news is down to their side and bad news down to the others. Just a distraction from the substance. 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

True but they quoted in this thread as good news from a Brexit supporter. My reply was giving balance. The thing that bores me most with this debate is one side claiming good news is down to their side and bad news down to the others. Just a distraction from the substance. 

Not necessarily, just facts.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is industry really holding back on investment?

Tricky on that, some are, some aren't - I guess the current situation will benefit some more than others. Maybe now is the time to "be bold" if you've got the cash and the balls to do it. We've just decided we're going power on and have just commissioned a new £10m+ warehouse facility in Poland (we'll eventually shut down the UK one, once we leave the EU), conversely some of our direct competitors are sitting still and waiting to see how everything plays out. Hopefully we'll be sitting pretty once everything is sorted

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Tricky on that, some are, some aren't - I guess the current situation will benefit some more than others. Maybe now is the time to "be bold" if you've got the cash and the balls to do it. We've just decided we're going power on and have just commissioned a new £10m+ warehouse facility in Poland (we'll eventually shut down the UK one, once we leave the EU), conversely some of our direct competitors are sitting still and waiting to see how everything plays out. Hopefully we'll be sitting pretty once everything is sorted

You moving to Poland then?