Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Ashes

L/H White

• Members

Great player - even greater cunt. Would have no hesitation in playing another underarm bowl if it meant they would win.

Fucking lashing down here again at 1:52pm. Predicting these squalls will be here all afternoon now.

Apparently been funny watching the groundsmen trying to put the covers on. The covers have taken off a couple of times with a couple of these blokes hanging on for dear life.

Great player - even greater cunt. Would have no hesitation in playing another underarm bowl if it meant they would win.

Fucking lashing down here again at 1:52pm. Predicting these squalls will be here all afternoon now.

Apparently been funny watching the groundsmen trying to put the covers on. The covers have taken off a couple of times with a couple of these blokes hanging on for dear life.

Yes, riveting viewing

Weather looks fairly set at the moment

As do the batsmen

• Members

Fuck mop, its been a really demoralising few weeks of cricket. I can't say i had massively high expectations of this series

But i just saw this and wanted to smash the bastard screen in...

6f1192f9-993c-4581-8d89-ccbe81a4341f.jpg

TWATS!!

Thanks for posting that. I have been avoiding news programmes, newspapers etc. because there is little in the world which rankles as much as a gloating fucking Australian. Insufferable winners, ungracious losers (remember John Howard at the 2003 RWC trophy presentation) - they really are a pain in the arse.

I just wish the Wallies tour of the UK had been concurrent with this Ashes series as it would have knocked the edge off a bit.

Thanks for posting that. I have been avoiding news programmes, newspapers etc. because there is little in the world which rankles as much as a gloating fucking Australian. Insufferable winners, ungracious losers (remember John Howard at the 2003 RWC trophy presentation) - they really are a pain in the arse.

I just wish the Wallies tour of the UK had been concurrent with this Ashes series as it would have knocked the edge off a bit.

John Howard was so bad I seem to remember even the Australian newspapers criticised him!

• Members

John Howard was so bad I seem to remember even the Australian newspapers criticised him!

They did. Oddly enough though, apart from Maggie, he is the greatest Prime Minister I have ever lived under producing huge budget surplus's, burgeoning employment opportunities and general good times for all. He was just an unsporting bastard when it came to cricket and RU (an archetypal Aussie then).

The fuckers got bored with all that prosperity and voted the red rags in (Kevin fucking Rudd) who promptly squandered all the reserves which had been built up on such things as the infamous Pink Batts scheme and the school halls fiddle where halls were being built for schools which no longer existed. 

Imagine a Labour leader spending like a drunken sailor. It would never happen in the UK would it? :rolleyes2: