Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boris Johnson in court

Wanderlust

34 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Not exactly lies are they Paul, given that we've not actually left yet. And please remind me which member of the remain campaign actually made these claims? I thought these predictions came from independent market analysts but happy to corrected? That said, the signs are already there.

Since the referendum, the average UK house price has fallen by £10k. 

The strong economic growth compared to other G7 economies until the referendum has tailed off.

Inflation is now running at around 2.5% whilst wages remain stagnant - effectively giving everyone a 2.5% pay cut.

Reduction in earnings may be a key contributor to the fact that households are now borrowing more than they save - currently around 20% more.

Business investment which was rising steadily for the last 10years prior to the referendum has now flatlined and many companies have pulled out of the UK already - including Leave guru Dyson who has now relocated his worldwide head offices so that the UK no longer gets his companies taxes. The biggest withdrawal is likely to be in Automotive as it's the most JIT industry sector and the parts are all made in Europe so there's no point in continuing to manufacture cars in the UK. And when companies in any sector leave we no longer get their taxes.

Lack of confidence has led to UK stocks being devalued compared worldwide developed markets with the gap currently being 25 points average so both pensions and jobs are under threat.

I'm not happy to be manipulated by the foreigners like Murdoch, Bannon, Mercer and the American hedge funds who orchestrated the Leave campaign for personal gain. Britain is getting devalued and the foreigners who manipulated it are getting very rich on the markets the back of it whilst ordinary British people face a future of even lower paid jobs, increased poverty, service shortages and devalued pensions. 

I just hope it doesn't work out that way, but all the signs are that it will - and we haven't even left yet.

Your data is skewed, to say the least.

For example, using the ONS house price index, the average value of a house in the UK in June 2916 was £213,927. In March 2919, the latest available, it was £226,798.

This is a rise of around 6%.

Etc 

So, is it just slackness or politically motivated bullshit?

Adonis would have you banged up for less.

1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Your data is skewed, to say the least.

For example, using the ONS house price index, the average value of a house in the UK in June 2916 was £213,927. In March 2919, the latest available, it was £226,798.

This is a rise of around 6%.

Etc 

So, is it just slackness or politically motivated bullshit?

Adonis would have you banged up for less.

I used an FT article amigo, although it didn't go as far as predicting house prices for 800 years in the future TBF.

6 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This was based on lower GDP - and since the Brexit vote GDP growth has been lower than before it.

The remain "lies" that are referred to, might be better stated as "worst case predictions" or exaggerations. Because undoubtedly since the vote the economy has performed worse than before it. 

Interestingly - many Brexiteers would be the first to scream blue murder if a Labour government prioritised internal public services over economic growth - yet are in favour of Brexit that is and will harm the economy. I struggle to rationalise the two things to be honest. 

Yes of course. When you're a remainer its "exaggerations". When you're a leaver its "lies". Classic double standards.

2 hours ago, Hoppy510 said:

Not exactly lies are they Paul, given that we've not actually left yet. And please remind me which member of the remain campaign actually made these claims? I thought these predictions came from independent market analysts but happy to corrected? That said, the signs are already there.

Since the referendum, the average UK house price has fallen by £10k. 

The strong economic growth compared to other G7 economies until the referendum has tailed off.

Inflation is now running at around 2.5% whilst wages remain stagnant - effectively giving everyone a 2.5% pay cut.

Reduction in earnings may be a key contributor to the fact that households are now borrowing more than they save - currently around 20% more.

Business investment which was rising steadily for the last 10years prior to the referendum has now flatlined and many companies have pulled out of the UK already - including Leave guru Dyson who has now relocated his worldwide head offices so that the UK no longer gets his companies taxes. The biggest withdrawal is likely to be in Automotive as it's the most JIT industry sector and the parts are all made in Europe so there's no point in continuing to manufacture cars in the UK. And when companies in any sector leave we no longer get their taxes.

Lack of confidence has led to UK stocks being devalued compared worldwide developed markets with the gap currently being 25 points average so both pensions and jobs are under threat.

I'm not happy to be manipulated by the foreigners like Murdoch, Bannon, Mercer and the American hedge funds who orchestrated the Leave campaign for personal gain. Britain is getting devalued and the foreigners who manipulated it are getting very rich on the markets the back of it whilst ordinary British people face a future of even lower paid jobs, increased poverty, service shortages and devalued pensions. 

I just hope it doesn't work out that way, but all the signs are that it will - and we haven't even left yet.

These were largely predictions on what would happen in the event of a leave vote alone. So yes, lies. 

13 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

You didn't come back to me on Dominic Cummings' conclusions on why Leave won the referedum, care to respond? 

What point are you trying to prove? If both sides lied the outcome is neutral. Just focus on these figures. 52/48. 17.4/16.1.Three years on and you're still desperately trying to undermine the result. You lost. Suck it up buttercup.You and Mr Osborne and his brazen lies. 

48 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

What point are you trying to prove? If both sides lied the outcome is neutral. Just focus on these figures. 52/48. 17.4/16.1.Three years on and you're still desperately trying to undermine the result. You lost. Suck it up buttercup.You and Mr Osborne and his brazen lies. 

Thought as much and typical of your attitude on this topic

6 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

Thought as much and typical of your attitude on this topic

You've been bleating on for three years now, trying to find any chink of light to undermine the vote of 17.4 million people. At some stage you are going to have to let this go and accept the result. Or you are going to end up needing counselling. I suspect you will be diagnosed with EDD. Entrenched Democracy Denial. 

Just now, paulhanley said:

You've been bleating on for three years now, trying to find any chink of light to undermine the vote of 17.4 million people. At some stage you are going to have to let this go and accept the result. Or you are going to end up needing counselling. I suspect you will be diagnosed with EDD. Entrenched Democracy Denial. 

I think it's a comedy slot on BGT for you next year😂

So Boris the fibber may be summonsed to court

Meanwhile Tony the war criminal cunt B Liar continues his happy life desperately trying to remain relevant having never had to face up to what he did. Whilst families still grieve for relatives that were lost

Sad indictment of where we are today

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

So Boris the fibber may be summonsed to court

Meanwhile Tony the war criminal cunt B Liar continues his happy life desperately trying to remain relevant having never had to face up to what he did. Whilst families still grieve for relatives that were lost

Sad indictment of where we are today. 

So Boris should be allowed to lie to the public for his own political gain because a previous PM did the same? 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

So Boris should be allowed to lie to the public for his own political gain because a previous PM did the same? 

None of them should, but if he’s being taken to court then surely they all should be, whether leave or remain.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

None of them should, but if he’s being taken to court then surely they all should be, whether leave or remain.

I agree all politicians should be held to the same standard. The problem with your argument is that Remain campaigners were making forecasts (most of which have proved to be true). Boris knowingly lied about an actual fact. A specific figure that he knew was a blatant lie.

5 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I agree all politicians should be held to the same standard. The problem with your argument is that Remain campaigners were making forecasts (most of which have proved to be true). Boris knowingly lied about an actual fact. A specific figure that he knew was a blatant lie.

How about the biggest lie. “We will respect the result and if leave wins then we will leave” 

Nothing about deals or borders or whatever else has been used to delay BREXIT. Just the result. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

How about the biggest lie. “We will respect the result and if leave wins then we will leave” 

Nothing about deals or borders or whatever else has been used to delay BREXIT. Just the result. 

Exactly the problem, and you were obviously drawn in by it. Leave campaigners told us it would be easy and there would be no downsides. Both blatantly false. Now, if you want to explain the upsides, feel free...

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Exactly the problem, and you were obviously drawn in by it. Leave campaigners told us it would be easy and there would be no downsides. Both blatantly false. Now, if you want to explain the upsides, feel free...

I’m pretty sure David Cameron was remain, he said if leave win then we would leave. May promised Brexit as did others. No one said anything about any difficulties or deals, just we will leave. They lied. Moving away from BREXIT what about the many other lies by politicians (not forecasts as you and other remainers predictably want to call them) Tony Blair told a few whoppers as have many others. Why aren’t they in court.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I’m pretty sure David Cameron was remain, he said if leave win then we would leave. May promised Brexit as did others. No one said anything about any difficulties or deals, just we will leave. They lied. Moving away from BREXIT what about the many other lies by politicians (not forecasts as you and other remainers predictably want to call them) Tony Blair told a few whoppers as have many others. Why aren’t they in court.

Because nobody has taken them to court. 

Who do you think tells the truth regarding Brexit? 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

Who? I think both sides have their fair share of liars and truth tellers.

OK, but who do you think tells the truth? 

I know you won't give a straight answer. You never have, and never will. To any question.

6 minutes ago, Cheese said:

OK, but who do you think tells the truth? 

I know you won't give a straight answer. You never have, and never will. To any question.

I’d rather not give a straight answer then Just blatantly lie like yourself.

As for your question, are you asking for sides or individuals? Either way no accurate answer can be given unless you have listened to or read every members views from both sides. That’s something  I definitely haven’t and I assume neither have you.

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’d rather not give a straight answer then Just blatantly lie like yourself.

As for your question, are you asking for sides or individuals? Either way no accurate answer can be given unless you have listened to or read every members views from both sides. That’s something  I definitely haven’t and I assume neither have you.

My point proven once again.