Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham away 31/8

BOWTUN BAKED

2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Fucking state of this fat cunt moaning because we will be playing with a different squad & they won't get there easy win they wanted. How's this any different to say when Aston Villa got taken over when they was on the brink? 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17870239.gillingham-boss-steve-evans-slams-efl-ahead-bolton-clash/

I was ready to hit Meatloaf with both barrels then but I don't read him as bitter about us personally at all there, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I was ready to hit Meatloaf with both barrels then but I don't read him as bitter about us personally at all there, to be honest.

It might be not seen as that bitter, but i get annoyed with quotes like this:

The league has been undermined.

“If you have played Bolton in the first five games, it is not who we will probably face and going forward they will get stronger.”

Few people moaning the fact we will have a different squad to what we had against Ipswich extra.

It's not even a valid point, any team could strengthen there squad with a certain few players from one game to the next while the transfer window is open.

5 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

It might be not seen as that bitter, but i get annoyed with quotes like this:

The league has been undermined.

“If you have played Bolton in the first five games, it is not who we will probably face and going forward they will get stronger.”

Few people moaning the fact we will have a different squad to what we had against Ipswich extra.

It's not even a valid point, any team could strengthen there squad with a certain few players from one game to the next while the transfer window is open.

He's right the league has been undermined, one team has been playing with almost exclusively (albeit heroic) kids and another one has vanished out the league table entirely. 

That we could go from kids one week to 5-6 seniors the next is obviously going to boil piss, it would mine. Evans is known for being a cantankerous bastard and I'm not massively fond of him at all, but he actually sounded quite reserved about us personally there, it's the EFL he's taking aim at.

We're in a new era of free love, chill out.

Edited by Marc505

8 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

He's right the league has been undermined, one team has been playing with almost exclusively (albeit heroic) kids and another one has vanished out the league table entirely. 

That we could go from kids one week to 5-6 seniors the next is obviously going to boil piss, it would mine. Evans is known for being a cantankerous bastard and I'm not massively fond of him at all, but he actually sounded quite reserved about us personally there, it's the EFL he's taking aim at.

We're in a new era of free love, chill out.

Haha don't why i'm so annoyed about, think this takeover has got the better of me. A few pints should do the trick tomorrow! 😂 

• Site Supporter

Stupid knobhead. Are we meant to play all season with the U18's just so it's fair for everyone?

As it happens, I still think we'll get beat but put up more resistance than we have been doing. It's Rotherham onwards who'll face a stronger team

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Although - annoyingly - Evans has got a point, they're still getting a largely free hit compared to the other teams. It's the teams who play us in 3-4 weeks who should be feeling aggrieved, Doncaster in particular.

Doncaster have asked the EFL to be awarded a 3-0 win. (according to the Donny ST)