Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The 2020 USA Presidential election

Rudy

Supreme court has been an issue and Biden wants it reformed as I think there's more Republican Supreme Court Justices than Democrats and "The Constitution states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour." This means that the Justices hold office as long as they choose and can only be removed from office by impeachment."

So if you have more SCJs on your political side you can pass laws more easily as I understand it, which seems a bit of a dodgy system.

• Site Supporter

Trump will win this. It is pretty close but the Republican's, like the Tories over here, don't go shouting about which way they are voting all over social media.

Yanks also don't like getting called thick and racist by celebs who all seem to be backing Biden.

Covid might have done for Trump but for Hunter Biden and his computer of shame.

11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Trump will win this. It is pretty close but the Republican's, like the Tories over here, don't go shouting about which way they are voting all over social media.

Yanks also don't like getting called thick and racist by celebs who all seem to be backing Biden.

Covid might have done for Trump but for Hunter Biden and his computer of shame.

No one really give a shit about Hunter's laptop, they fell for Hillary's emails not so much this time, the big difference is that Hillary was running, Hunter is not. Actually most Americans don't even know about the laptop

Just now, tyldesley_white said:

No one really give a shit about Hunter's laptop, they fell for Hillary's emails not so much this time, the big difference is that Hillary was running, Hunter is not. Actually most Americans don't even know about the laptop

That’s a very bold statement to make given you live in a country of what 330 million folk? and personally know how many? 

2 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

That’s a very bold statement to make given you live in a country of what 330 million folk? and personally know how many? 

Mainly because after the last debate a lot of people said what the fuck is the Don talking about Hunter Biden's lap top ?, the media have not run with it because the FBI have said fuck all and they appear to have had it for 18 months, all the other intelligence agencies have basically said it got the smell of foreign interference (mainly Russia) 

1 minute ago, tyldesley_white said:

Mainly because after the last debate a lot of people said what the fuck is the Don talking about Hunter Biden's lap top ?, the media have not run with it because the FBI have said fuck all and they appear to have had it for 18 months, all the other intelligence agencies have basically said it got the smell of foreign interference (mainly Russia) 

Outside of OAN and Breitbart and the social media nutjobs have any media ran stories about Hunters laptop over there?

Just now, frank_spencer said:

Outside of OAN and Breitbart and the social media nutjobs have any media ran stories about Hunters laptop over there?

It's been mentioned but they have all said the bit about Russian interference too, they are all treding very carefully after the BS over the emails last election ( of which nothing as happened) a lot of republicans still think she going to be locked up.

A lot of people have aslo point out that Hunter Biden got the job of his own back as opposed to Trump's kids and family who have have been given jobs in the WH ( even when they were refused security clearance, because they were deemed a high risk, and only got them when Dad got involved )

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Read somewhere it was 77,000 votes in the right places that won trump the election last time out.

With such small margins you can see how the polls were wrong last time.

dunno how the polls work, but Clinton got something like 3M more votes that Trump

seems to me the polls will show you the popular choice, but not nescessarily the winner

(because of the electoral college and Trump voters keeping it to themselves)

12 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

dunno how the polls work, but Clinton got something like 3M more votes that Trump

seems to me the polls will show you the popular choice, but not nescessarily the winner

(because of the electoral college and Trump voters keeping it to themselves)

Mainly the poll will concentrate on the swing states because of the way the electoral is set up

Oh and if anybody thinks that Republicans keep it to themselves, well believe you me they don't, from personal experience ( Maybe because I live in a Republican state, it the Dems that say very little)

Edited by tyldesley_white

14 minutes ago, tyldesley_white said:

Mainly the poll will concentrate on the swing states because of the way the electoral is set up

Oh and if anybody thinks that Republicans keep it to themselves, well believe you me they don't, from personal experience ( Maybe because I live in a Republican state, it the Dems that say very little)

You had any issues with the Trump pick up covoys in your neck of the woods or are is it just around Fort Worth?

5 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

You had any issues with the Trump pick up covoys in your neck of the woods or are is it just around Fort Worth?

no, what I find funny is that no ones picks them up on disrespecting the flag, the US flag should only be flown from front right fender ( wing), 

Edited by tyldesley_white

After 2016, you would think that poll numbers include assumptions about who will show up to vote that already anticipates the surge of Trump voters (white, no college) that surprised everyone last time. There is a growing argument that they've actually overcompensated the other way this time.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, tyldesley_white said:

That was sort of based on my experience driving from Nashville to memphis through Mississippi to new Orleans in October 4 years ago

Pretty much everyone we spoke to was either cagey or full on democrat, we only came across one lad who was vocal trump

(All of them "young")

That said some of the sights in the country, ie houses, signs and flags did suggest folk weren't shy in supporting him

Edited by ZicoKelly