Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Old School Crisps...

Youri McAnespie

13 hours ago, e2e4 said:

this but i assume ready salted were always supposed to be red, think Smiths is the OG color deciderer , but can let Golden Wonder off

fucking walkers dont even use the green = salt vinegar , blue = cheese onion for their other brands , i think theyre being dicks at this point. 

i dont buy em cos i carnt tell what the fuck is going on and get golden wonder or whatever ( smiths are coloured correctly too, i think). 

I'm fairly sure they all write on the front of them which flavour they are as well....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
1 minute ago, Whitestar said:

Back in the day it was only golden wonder or smiths, you knew were you were.

Then i can remember KP , don't get me wrong, nice crisps but iirc they put cheese n onion in YELLOW packets????.

Hadn't even heard of walkers in them days.

TBF law cheese and onion are yellow packs because YKnow err cheese is yellow. Madness I know 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

TBF law cheese and onion are yellow packs because YKnow err cheese is yellow. Madness I know 

The Seabrook's livery on their 'Cheesy' flavour packets is yellow.

Makes sense really as you say most cheese is various shades of yellow normally.

Fuck Covid, Brexit, Trump/Biden let's get the issues that matter resolved.

Yellow packs for cheese crisps.

Oh aye, they sell 'craft' crisps at my corner shop 89p for a small bag.

Their cheese ones are in an entirely yellow packet. Maybe the green, or worse, blue packets for cheese crisps madness and turmoil is finally coming to a close.

5p Thingamummies had a yellow pack for cheese, with an elephant iirc.

Quavers too.

@MickyD

'We want to be Smii-iiths Crisps...'

Sommat about 'waiting until the farmer goes for tea...'

Sung by a field of anthropomorphic spuds.

Bastard advertising twats.

'D'ya think lad's alright?'

'Fried Onion Rings...'

'Re-record not fade away'

etc.

Burned into the brain.

Wankers.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

A crisp butty needs a bit of salad cream or some dairylea.

41 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

Wrong. Can't remember the last time i had a crisp butty but it has to be thick white bread, lurpack butter and cheese and onion walkers. That is it. 

A bit of Mayo (Helman’s) is a delicious bonus on any crisp butty.

And regarding the Marmite crisps mentioned further up the thread which I bought yesterday, I’ve just opened a pack and, if I’m honest, if it said Bovril flavour I wouldn’t notice any difference.

@SatanGreavsie

That skeleton, specifically his dance, used to 'jive' (annoy) me as a kid, unaware he was supposed to be mimicking Mick Jagger...

Second only, animated advert characters-wise, to the potato/punk* on the Bitza Pizza advert (Dave Clark 5) - what a c*nt (the potato).

Edit: * This c*nt 😡...

51 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

A crisp butty needs a bit of salad cream or some dairylea.

The picky veggie ex I mentioned in another thread, one 'meal' in her childlike repertoire was salt and vinegar crisps, or cheese and onion, on a couple of fluffy barms (or slices of Warby's toastie) with Dairylea cheese slices...only Dairylea ones mind.

TBH I sampled the salt and vinegar variation of this repast for the under-10's and it was quite tasty. Didn't tell her that, though.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

@SatanGreavsie

The picky veggie ex I mentioned in another thread, one 'meal' in her childlike repertoire was salt and vinegar crisps, or cheese and onion, 

Not sure if it’s still the case but Walkers C&O crisp packets were once marked Not Suitable for Vegetarians whereas the chicken flavour crisps were labelled Suitable for Vegetarians. 

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Not sure if it’s still the case but Walkers C&O crisp packets were once marked Not Suitable for Vegetarians whereas the chicken flavour crisps were labelled Suitable for Vegetarians. 

Their beef ones (were) halal, the cheese and onion haram.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Walkers Max doing KFC flavour and Zinger flavour.

sorry if it’s been mentioned. 

Ooo!

Will have to try those. Normally my crisp choice is very boring. I hate S&V, C&O and prawn should be incinerated. However, bacon fries are immense and I like beef monster munch/space invaders. Bacon wheat crunches are good too as are frazzles.

I like bacon 😊