Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another youngster gone

Benny The Ball

18 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

A friend of mines son is in Liverpool academy, signed up about 3 years ago. Stevie G was next to him when he signed.

Hes 12 now and still there. No idea if he's any good though

Grandsons 8  years old and a goalkeeper at Liverpool FC Academy in Knowlsey, the facilities are unbelievable. He gets very well paid and well looked after, he regularly gets to meet Klopp, Salah, Trent Arnold etc etc. The lad loves it & i can’t say i blame him, it’s a dream gig for an 8 year old.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Grandsons 8  years old and a goalkeeper at Liverpool FC Academy in Knowlsey, the facilities are unbelievable. He gets very well paid and well looked after, he regularly gets to meet Klopp, Salah, Trent Arnold etc etc. The lad loves it & i can’t say i blame him, it’s a dream gig for an 8 year old.

Yes, some of the photos I’ve seen look incredible, Jay has even been to a couple of tournaments abroad with them.

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

8 year old getting paid?

15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yes, some of the photos I’ve seen look incredible, Jay has even been to a couple of tournaments abroad with them.

Yeh they had  a tour of Portugal & Holland playing games  planned pre Covid - all cancelled now obvs.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh, unbelievable innit? I think they class it as “expenses”

Can understand that for parents running kids about, but would worry me if they were getting a good wedge. 

At that age, I think I'd prefer them to be playing just for the love of the game.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

At that age, I think I'd prefer them to be playing just for the love of the game.

Well he did plenty of playing for fun with his mates before he signed for LFC

Once they sign for a club that kind of goes out the window, the kid becomes the clubs "property"

He enjoys it though make no mistake.

Can’t ever understand how BWFC have operated with regards kids, should be bending over backwards to make kids & parents feel part of the club, ffs it’s just good manners and common sense, just hope the new owners understand this and know the lengths other clubs go to to make kids & parents feel part of the club. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper