Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Another youngster gone

Benny The Ball

14 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Evatt praised him after his only performance, the only surprise is that Evatt didn't build and progress with him after that, hence Rileys comments and attitude.

He looked no worse than weve had this season, actually I'd  he looked way better, yet he has been shifted out, obviously pro-contract which may account for him moving on, but it seems a real shame, let's hope there are add-on clauses. 

Agree, irrespective of contract, if he was getting a sniff of first team minutes he may have thought about it.

• Site Supporter
21 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Not convinced 

Maybe our financial situation is far worse than is in the public domain 

Needs must I think 

Horse Shit.

We're in the 4th Division. He wasnt going to get a kick in this league or Third for next two years as hes still growing. Norwich have a proper academy where he can continue to develop and 250k for him (with add ons hopefully) is a good deal for us at the moment. It has nothing to do with "our financial postion", we're probably one of the most stable clubs in the bottom half of the 92 league clubs at this moment....

7 hours ago, Big E said:

He is 18 and not playing in the first team. why would he have a pro deal ? 

honestly people need a reality check. we have lost a few at young ages but hardly any have made it. 

May as well shut the Academy with that outlook.....I can only think of Kyle Bartley who we have lost

We have released some and they then have gone on to have decent careers

You just dont sell your best youth players at 18 and grow as a club

19 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Well Mr Evatt a midfield of Lockett, Riley,Politic, Darcy will in 2/3 years time be as good as anything outside the Premier league

Have you been drinking?  -  Let's see if any of them are playing regularly for top teams in the Championship (or above) in a couple of years, I suspect that they won't.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He is over stating it, but I would have those 4 players in now.

I can understand your thoughts on it - but to claim, that combined, they would be one of the best midfields in the Championship in 2-3 years is just madness

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes, good point.  I've had a conversation on here before about my dislike of the "add-ons" based on future transfer fees especially when so many run down their contracts and go on a free.  Or just stay at the same club for 10 years (if we had a clause for Rob Holding we would never see it if he stays at Arsenal).

If its based on league appearances then fair enough, so Plymouth receive £500k when Gosling plays his 100th top flight game for eg, but not to be based mainly on transfer fees which nobody has any control over.  York's windfall probably doesn't happen if Norwich stop up last season.  If the bigger clubs want the players, they should pay what they think he's worth up front, its just a licence to collect players they don't need (Luca Connell etc).  Admittedly the Regan case is complicated by him not being professional.

Jack Stephens was another one we got robbed of when Risdale was helping administration (ie himself) . Consolation was 10% sell on and looking like he will stay at Saints for his career 

24 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Might as well completely throw the towel in and shut the club down with that attitude.

Having looked at some of the comments on Facebook today It would be nice to no longer be associated with these fucktards

49 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I can understand your thoughts on it - but to claim, that combined, they would be one of the best midfields in the Championship in 2-3 years is just madness

Them four wont be plying there trade in lge 2 in Three years time, but theres every chance we will be picking up ex Crewe/Shef W/Blackpool players with fitness issues as per the last 50 years bar a 10 year period in the Premier league Where we picked up  a better class of injury prone player....ffs

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

correct, we should have fucked it off a couple of years ago really

If you apply that logic, apart from the two Manchester clubs, no one else would have one.

Merseyside clubs' catchment area will obviously overlap, but the also have access to a large number of kids locally. 

The northwest has a bigger population than Scotland, so plenty of local clubs ought to be able to have an academy of some sort- even if it includes some rejected by the big clubs.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

If you apply that logic, apart from the two Manchester clubs, no one else would have one.

Merseyside clubs' catchment area will obviously overlap, but the also have access to a large number of kids locally. 

The northwest has a bigger population than Scotland, so plenty of local clubs ought to be able to have an academy of some sort- even if it includes some rejected by the big clubs.

It's an interesting point.  With the number of kids who don't make it at City where they get best coaching in country and other Prem Cat A academy rejects on doorstep is it worth trying to bring through your own?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, green genie said:

It's an interesting point.  With the number of kids who don't make it at City where they get best coaching in country and other Prem Cat A academy rejects on doorstep is it worth trying to bring through your own?

I think you have to, as you can't purely rely on a supply of rejects.

I also think it helps with links into the community; schools, kids' football leagues etc.

5 hours ago, Sweep said:

Have you been drinking?  -  Let's see if any of them are playing regularly for top teams in the Championship (or above) in a couple of years, I suspect that they won't.

No i can spot a decent player and we have 4/5

31 minutes ago, Sweep said:

You must be making loads as an agent and talent scout then, so hopefully you'll be able to buy the club soon and get us sorted out soon 👍

nope...just a lad who started playing at primary school in the 60s....Ended playing when i was 38 in the Vets league

Football been a passion all my life...can i see a player certainly....i am seldom wrong

You seem to try and belittle me sweep......tell me about your football Career?

41 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

nope...just a lad who started playing at primary school in the 60s....Ended playing when i was 38 in the Vets league

Football been a passion all my life...can i see a player certainly....i am seldom wrong

For where we are at the moment, Thomason and Arthur in

Graham versus Tutte

Darcy versus Crawford

Brockbank versus Jones

Politic versus Sarj/Isgrove

maybe not in the side at the same time, but as an investment, not much difference in ability and certainly cheaper. The players mentioned are first team the no marks sat on the bench are not even worth a mention.

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, masi 51 said:

Just like the few million others then who follow their football team.

You just made it sound like you knowing a player when you see one and seldom being wrong as putting yourself on pedestal, when really your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else’s on here 

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

Just like the few million others then who follow their football team.

You just made it sound like you knowing a player when you see one and seldom being wrong as putting yourself on pedestal, when really your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone else’s on here 

It’s all about opinions, not in a position to speak for him but he seems frustrated, as I am. I hope it’s not another year wasted by making the same mistakes as previous years 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, nantwichwhite said:

It’s all about opinions, not in a position to speak for him but he seems frustrated, as I am. I hope it’s not another year wasted by making the same mistakes as previous years 

Aren’t we all frustrated? He Doesn’t  need to come on here claiming he’s some kind of expert that everybody should take notice of because he progressed from primary school to vets football. 

Think there was a comment earlier about no club sells their best young players as a means of progressing. What about Southhampton? They sold on a shed load, it didn’t do them too badly.