Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prince Philip.

leigh white

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

We're all flag shaggers now. Either assimilate, or get out.

Thought he was Greek?

Anyway, those of you missing your favourite radio show can get Tony Blackburn’s Golden Hour on BBC Sounds. (Various episodes)

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I don't mind absolute radio doning what it wants - it's commercial.

But the BBC is paid for by all of the country, every view should be equal.

In my view I want to listen to Friday night pop hits.

It's what Phil would have wanted.

That and sea shanties.

BBC Sounds👍
It’s the future.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I've no problem fella, I don't think you've been nasty, maybe a trifle disrespectful, but you're allowed your opinion, free speech an all that.

I'm not disrespecting him, I didn't know the man. I'm sure his family are very upset.

It's the public mourning, and that some state we all have to behave the same way I find hypocritical.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Bit harsh on the flag shaggers, I'm pissed off because they've cancelled Corrie and you know I'm a sucker for Britain's favourite TV soap opera and that includes the totty on the cobbles.

I will live Its only temporary, hopefully double bubble on Monday, in the meantime I will bang some vinyl on 🤓

I missed The Repair Shop. Forgot about the vinyl. Ta👍

Just now, Not in Crawley said:

I can't listen to anything at the moment, which is why I'm.dicking about on here. 

The other half is on a work.call to.the states and the kids are watching Disney.

I have to be quiet....

Pretty sure whatever your ‘dicking about’ on will provide access to multiple music outlets. This is 2021.

I'm not disrespecting him, I didn't know the man. I'm sure his family are very upset.

It's the public mourning, and that some state we all have to behave the same way I find hypocritical.

When Princess Di went in 97 that was a chore on the radio, never heard as many mournful tunes back to back.

8 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Ah she said.its a bit much this, he was 99, died peacefully, that's a celebration of someone's life in any family.

They're watching top of the pops reruns.

I’m watching The Windsors on Netflix. He’s still alive on there.

Rock FM usually banging out classic club tunes this time on a Friday. 

Tonight in my short drive I had REM everybody hurts, Coldplay and some take that cover of the bee gees. 

Thank fuck I got home before radio head came on I'd be driving off a bridge! 

RIP big Phil. 

Just now, stevieb said:

Rock FM usually banging out classic club tunes this time on a Friday. 

Tonight in my short drive I had REM everybody hurts, Coldplay and some take that cover of the bee gees. 

Thank fuck I got home before radio head came on I'd be driving off a bridge! 

RIP big Phil. 

I have Classic FM on in the background in the office... it's been depressing all afternoon but I smiled when they played the orchestral version of Queen's "Who wants to live forever". Not sure if they intended that one

59 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Right, off to phone me mum, broke her wrist today poor thing.

I'll get the stop being a republican lecture, of that I'm sure.

I can be "Republican" sometimes but I have respect for him, he was almost one of us in his outlook. 

I remember reading he used to own a black cab and drove himself around London without security rather than have a motor-cade and the Queen had a separate bedroom made up for him at the Palace for use after his nights out with the lads. He sounded like a bloke you could have a bloody good piss up with.

7 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I have Classic FM on in the background in the office... it's been depressing all afternoon but I smiled when they played the orchestral version of Queen's "Who wants to live forever". Not sure if they intended that one

If I've no meetings its Today followed by Classic FM until lunch. Radio 3 after, otherwise you can end up in the theme tune zone and humming along to Jurassic Park.

Back of the net.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dimron said:

I can be "Republican" sometimes but I have respect for him, he was almost one of us in his outlook. 

I remember reading he used to own a black cab and drove himself around London without security rather than have a motor-cade and the Queen had a separate bedroom made up for him at the Palace for use after his nights out with the lads. He sounded like a bloke you could have a bloody good piss up with.

You fell for it all.

2 minutes ago, Dimron said:

He could have been salt of the earth, biggest laugh ever, I haven't a clue, never met him.

Struggling with a shrug.

Post 187 or something.

He could have been salt of the earth, biggest laugh ever, I haven't a clue, never met him.

Struggling with a shrug.

Post 187 or something.

Same here but he obviously didn't do the PC or suffer fools gladly. Infinite levels of British social levels above me but I recognise a fellow disruptor... chuck that brick into the pond and watch the ripples and have a few drinks while at it.