Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best Brit Pop Song.

leigh white

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Our local Vineyard. Was lovely - decent value £13 per main.

Decent value that, sparkling wine? Or were you driving, which would just be wrong going to a vineyard on your birthday. The south can knock out decent sparkling wine. Hope you had a good day, on your 50th.

Just now, Youri McAnespie said:

Decent value that, sparkling wine? Or were you driving, which would just be wrong going to a vineyard on your birthday. The south can knock out decent sparkling wine. Hope you had a good day, on your 50th.

I just got a bottle to bring home as we just stopped off on the way back so I was driving

Very nice thank you - just in the local pissed off being back. But it's Friday, having a beer, not listening to Shed Seven. Not all bad.

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

I just got a bottle to bring home as we just stopped off on the way back so I was driving

Very nice thank you - just in the local pissed off being back. But it's Friday, having a beer, not listening to Shed Seven. Not all bad.

Drink heavily of Newky Brown then take a swing for one of the bouncers. When the dibble arrive claim you have used syringes in your pockets and have hep c and hiv. Under Habeas Corpus you will be released this time tomorrow and can dine out on the story for years.

26 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Drink heavily of Newky Brown then take a swing for one of the bouncers. When the dibble arrive claim you have used syringes in your pockets and have hep c and hiv. Under Habeas Corpus you will be released this time tomorrow and can dine out on the story for years.

My local.is full of Farage lookalikes and tradesmen who like to laugh loudly and talk about facking England in the muzzy country.

22 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

My local.is full of Farage lookalikes and tradesmen who like to laugh loudly and talk about facking England in the muzzy country.

You’re a wild northern invader, stick it to them Begbie style.

My mate was playing pool in that London once and all the southern ponces were throwing their miniscule weight around because he. was on his tod, three lads from Blackburn/Darwen entered and stuck their 50p marker on, "There’s four of us now, you twats" (northerners) parochial differences cast aside in defiance of a common enemy.

• Members

Richey  Edwards once of the manics heard what him and his band had done to the world of music. Realised how shite they were. 

Packed up fucked off and has never been seen again.

Decency. 

Just now, Rudy said:

Richey  Edwards once of the manics heard what him and his band had done to the world of music. Realised how shite they were. 

Packed up fucked off and has never been seen again.

Decency. 

Dear me rudy,manics were fucking ace until Richey left/disappeared then it all went to commercial for me

Give Holy Bible a listen and if you still think the same then I'm sorry you seriously need help in your musical tastes 😁

• Members
3 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Dear me rudy,manics were fucking ace until Richey left/disappeared then it all went to commercial for me

Give Holy Bible a listen and if you still think the same then I'm sorry you seriously need help in your musical tastes 😁

I’ll give it a whirl

5 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Holy Bible still sounds amazing now. 

Possibly the biggest sell outs of all time the Manics.....

4 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Agreed

After Holy Bible and Edwards disappearance I think they knew they'd their edge and so became more mainstream and saw the £s

7 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Agreed

After Holy Bible and Edwards disappearance I think they knew they'd their edge and so became more mainstream and saw the £s

Gold Against the Soul is decent too. I still can't believe how unutterably shit they turned! 

3 hours ago, kent_white said:

I don't think folk over 15 should use the word sell out. Sounds a bit daft, you get older, you change, people like the music or don't. I prefer a sell out to those who just make the same album over and over again.

The Holy Bible sounds a little dated now but is one of the best guitar albums of the early 90s. I don't listen to the manics, but I still listen to that album, to me the band is almost separate to that album

Same with The Verve, Urban Hyms is not The Verve for me, but still listen to Northern Soul or early singles.

Much preferred 'Mad Richard' to what happened to their music.

Edited by Not in Crawley

3 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

You’re a wild northern invader, stick it to them Begbie style.

My mate was playing pool in that London once and all the southern ponces were throwing their miniscule weight around because he. was on his tod, three lads from Blackburn/Darwen entered and stuck their 50p marker on, "There’s four of us now, you twats" (northerners) parochial differences cast aside in defiance of a common enemy.

This weekend I've had loads of, where are you from? I'm like erm...20 years down south and they all.say, 'still got the accent though?' Well, yeah what I supposed to do? It's my voice, it's where I'm from. I'm a Northerner, doesn't matter where I live, that's just where I'm from and who I am.