Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich away

gonzo

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Sounded like it could've done with it :)

Don't. There was a moment whilst balancing on my tiptoes pissing in the sink because everyone had given up using the toilet as it had decided to reject everything and piss it back at you, that I thought if we crash now this is how they'll find me 🤣

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I agree its frustrating, and fairly incredible, that he never scores or looks like scoring, but I don't see it changing.  In some ways we may be underestimating the skill involved in scoring from headers, directing the ball accurately whilst getting enough power, whilst getting away from your marker.  Bod has that ability, it doesn't just hit him, he knows how to finish with his head; ALF had it, maybe Madine did although he missed enough too.  Santos has a lot of qualities but he wasn't born with that one.  I would consider not even sending him up for corners because if he wins the ball its normally a goal kick to the opposition, they probably want him to win it!

Santos has many qualities but he is simply not as good as you would expect at heading the ball. Even at the back he rarely attacks the ball and it goes miles clear.  A lot of the time he controls the ball but dominating in the air ain't his thing

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Don't. There was a moment whilst balancing on my tiptoes pissing in the sink because everyone had given up using the toilet as it had decided to reject everything and piss it back at you, that I thought if we crash now this is how they'll find me 🤣

Some lad was in toilet when the driver swerved due to being cut up, looked liked he’d been for a swim 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

WTF was going on with that bog?

I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I didn’t know that such a thing existed. 😳

36 minutes ago, radcliffe white said:

Some lad was in toilet when the driver swerved due to being cut up, looked liked he’d been for a swim 

33 minutes ago, Steejay said:

WTF was going on with that bog?

I’ve never seen anything like that in my life. I didn’t know that such a thing existed. 😳

Convinced it was a prank that bog, drivers' revenge!

18 hours ago, desperado said:

I think that partnership can work against certain opposition in certain games, it’s the front 3 (including Lee) we had against Sunderland. But I agree it didn’t quite yield the results today - Ipswich dealt with them well.

On another point. The stream here in Tenerife was fine, as I take it, it is most of the time as a resident? If so I’m surprised the Giddy Goose (Bolton pub here) don’t use ifollow to show it. It’s not that pubs don’t/wouldn’t do - I went for a wander earlier and the “Tenerife Wolves” pub said he’d happily put it on for us. But I really just couldn’t bring myself to set up there for he day! 😂

That Wolves pub is a bloody dump. Run by a couple of tramps.  Sat outside it once 4years back.

Carry on past it to the junction then straight up to Miami Bar ( locals). Always have sport on .

Cheap and cheerfull , owner is as mad as a box of frogs.

• The topic was unpinned

Playing manger-speak bingo, IE has ticked off one on day one: "We would have lost this type of game last season".  I wish I had a fiver for every time a manger says that.  I'm yet to hear one say "last season we would have won, this result shows how much we have regressed". 

FWIW, I'm not sure we would have lost that last year, certainly not after January.  The only 2 away games against top half sides since Jan transfer window were Oxford (under a lot of pressure 2nd half, but won with a late goal) and Wigan (under the cosh 1st half, fought back 2nd half to draw 1-1).