Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Car Park

Ani

5 hours ago, royal white said:

Parked on Middlebrook, left on 92 mins and was back home just before 5:30. 

You did well. We stayed to the end and didn’t get off until 6, and even by then the official car parks hadn’t emptied. Home 20 minutes later. Bring back shit crowds 😂 

Hi all

Villa fan in peace! I was just wondering the best places to park for the game Tuesday evening? Il have my two children of 9 and 6 with me so want to be as near as I can if possible. it's been a while since I have been upto your stadium and can't remember where we used to park. Seem to remember walking on a footbridge over a main road to the car park but was many years back!

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Edit: looking at Google maps, I think we parked at the patch of land to left of Bolton arena, is that still open?

Edited by Leighavfc

• Site Supporter

If you’re coming from the direction of Leigh, I’d be inclined to park on the A6 near The Royal Oak. It’s a bit of a walk to and from the stadium but quite flat so no hikes for the 6 y.o.

The extra walking will be more than paid back by the time gained by not sitting waiting for car parks to clear.

21 minutes ago, Leighavfc said:

Hi all

Villa fan in peace! I was just wondering the best places to park for the game Tuesday evening? Il have my two children of 9 and 6 with me so want to be as near as I can if possible. it's been a while since I have been upto your stadium and can't remember where we used to park. Seem to remember walking on a footbridge over a main road to the car park but was many years back!

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

Edit: looking at Google maps, I think we parked at the patch of land to left of Bolton arena, is that still open?

Just park on the hotel car park pal. Its about 20 yards away from your turnstile.

Will cost £8, paid for via parking app or at the terminal thing near the hotel.

If its full by the time you get there, go back out and theres a harvester pub opposite the ground, its £5 to park there and a 2 minute walk from the away end.

I certainly wouldn't be pissing about parking on pubs where you dont know where your going. 

44 minutes ago, Leighavfc said:

Hi all

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

With kids as young as that you’d be best parking on the hotel car park (signposted car park A)

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, Leighavfc said:

Thanks @MickyD@gonzo and @Leyther_Mattfor the suggestions very helpful 👍🏻 Have a few options to consider there. 

I'm guessing the A6 people just park either side of the road?

where do I book the hotel carp park via app, can't seem to see it via Google search

Tesco is free

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You did well. We stayed to the end and didn’t get off until 6, and even by then the official car parks hadn’t emptied. Home 20 minutes later. Bring back shit crowds 😂 

We were back in Leeds about 6;15

7 hours ago, Traf said:

We left after the final whistle and we're on the back row, walked over to Scotts where the car was parked and was still home in East Lancs by 5.45pm.

Dropped youngest off and was in Carnforth by 6.45pm.

They need to put traffic lights at that roundabout at the bottom dont they. How theres not more prangs they way everyone doesn't give an inch to those having to bully their way in from middlebrook and carpark opposite is beyond me.

Just have em on for match day.

• Site Supporter

Lights out of the station approach (Bolton Arena and Harvester car parks) and right turn by getting rid of twenty feet of the central reservation would help massively. It’s bollocks having to go to the roundabout near police station to get back to the main road.

14 hours ago, gonzo said:

They need to put traffic lights at that roundabout at the bottom dont they. How theres not more prangs they way everyone doesn't give an inch to those having to bully their way in from middlebrook and carpark opposite is beyond me.

Just have em on for match day.

Mental that roundabout.

As I approached it to double back Saturday, there was a woman trying to come from the retail park and effectively go right ie three quarters round the roundabout. By the time I got to where she was trying to get out from, she was still there, because nobody lets anyone out and she was clearly pointing to everyone where she wanted to go rather than jumping in front of them to go to the motorway, yet nobody let her out until I did.

• Site Supporter

Just had a look at my parkgood2go transactions to find out why I got charged £8.30. They've added a 10p 'SMS charge'. Went into my account settings and there's a "Recieve SMS messages" box that was ticked by default. I know it's only 10p, but the robbing bastards!

Fuck knows what the 20p 'convenience charge' is for. Hopefully £8 goes direct to the club, and parkgood2go only take the 20p.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Just had a look at my parkgood2go transactions to find out why I got charged £8.30. They've added a 10p 'SMS charge'. Went into my account settings and there's a "Recieve SMS messages" box that was ticked by default. I know it's only 10p, but the robbing bastards!

Fuck knows what the 20p 'convenience charge' is for. Hopefully £8 goes direct to the club, and parkgood2go only take the 20p.

I paid £184 up front for the season, league and cup games are covered, I paid it to the club

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, marple whites said:

What is this convenience charge ?

I assume it’s a straight £8 if you pay at the machine and they’re charging you the 20p for the ‘convenience’ of using the app and thus not queuing.