Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Just Been The Gym

anewman

had a good sesh on the bags then a bit of cardio, then went for a swim and a sauna, the swim never happened though because it was rammed with kids which I do not mind at all as my boy loves his swimming too, what I do mind though, is afterwards when I'm getting showered and dressed all in an open change room, there are young girls running around who must be 11 or 12 year old, now I for one do not think they should be in a male changing room at that age so before I write a letter to virgin, what is the acceptable age that there should be so that their own change room facilities apply??

• Site Supporter

I'm with Baz here. In fact, even pre-pubescent is getting towards a bit old.

(Got to be careful how I word this in case someone starts reading mid-thread.)

You do need to write a letter, as much for the kids' sake as your own. Why should they be exposed to all and sundry?

I think its usually 7/8. I do recall that around that point my eldest no longer came into the female changing rooms with me.

And frankly, you shouldve gone to reception and complained (obviously when dressed)

Now they wont know which idiot is taking his kids in there.

Writing a letter after the event is not always the best approach. A Member of staff couldve gone in immediately and dealt with the issue.

That said, please do write in/see a manger in person. It has to be noted that there are concerns.

had a good sesh on the bags then a bit of cardio, then went for a swim and a sauna, the swim never happened though because it was rammed with kids which I do not mind at all as my boy loves his swimming too, what I do mind though, is afterwards when I'm getting showered and dressed all in an open change room, there are young girls running around who must be 11 or 12 year old, now I for one do not think they should be in a male changing room at that age so before I write a letter to virgin, what is the acceptable age that there should be so that their own change room facilities apply??

Don't go in the ladies changing rooms then you perv. The'FE' fell off

Edited by Gonk

its 7 years old they even have a sign at virgin gym as you enter the male changing rooms. Not that anyone seems to give a shit about it though

perhaps age isn't the issue