Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Achille Emana

Sluffy

BOLTON want Real Betis midfielder Achille Emana ? but are struggling with the ?11million asking price.

Boss Gary Megson is ready to pay ?7m for the Cameroon star, 27.

Fenerbahce and Paris St Germain are also interested

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...p;ATTR=Football

AchilleEmana1.jpg

Achille Emana Edzimbi (born 5 June 1982 in Yaounde) is a Cameroonian football attacking midfielder who currently plays for Spanish Primera Divisi?n side Real Betis.

Emana began his European club career at Spanish giants Valencia, where he rose through the academy ranks, before joining French Ligue 1 side Toulouse in 2000. In 2001 he joined the Toulouse first team, and quickly established himself in the starting eleven as an attacking midfielder.

Emana has reportedly attracted interest from French giants Olympique Lyonnais and Olympique de Marseille following his impressive displays for his club.

In 2007 Emana was strongly linked with English Premiership club Portsmouth, where he would have joined a large contingent of African players. His chances of a move were quashed, however, when he was unable to obtain a work permit. He eventually signed a contract extension to 2010 with Toulouse.

In spring 2008 it was reported that there was interest in Emana from other clubs around Europe, including English Premiership sides West Ham United, and Newcastle United, whilst Spanish La Liga outfit FC Sevilla were also said to be tracking the Cameroonian.

On June 11, 2008 it was reported that Spanish La Liga side Real Betis were negotiating with Toulouse for the services of Emana. The midfielder was quoted as being keen to secure a move to Spain to further his career, although his current club had apparently already rejected two bids for his signature.

on 22 July Emana finally completed his move to Real Betis for a fee believed to be ?5.5m. He was assigned the number 20 shirt for the Andalusians, and scored his first goal for the club in a 3-0 win over RCD Mallorca

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Achille_Emana

sounds like a decent player altho we would loose him to the ANC next january if he did sign.

he played at toulouse so would know about elmander and the kind of service he wants. maybe elmander recommended/mentioned him to megson? he scored 1 in 3 last season in a team which was relegated which is really good

seems to have been linked with quite a few big clubs in the past so for about ?5-7m (which is the usual basic rate for a player nowadays) he might be worth a shot

Edited by jonathan

sounds like a decent player altho we would loose him to the ANC next january if he did sign.

'tis a valid point. Surely though it's nuts to have the ANC in the same year as the World Cup. - the African players will be worse than useless when they return from the ANC, as they will no doubt want to save themselves for the World Cup (I presume Cameroon, Senegal, Ghana etc will qualify as usual)

Guest quins
I read that his club only want 5 million for him, and have circulated his name to clubs in europe, he looks like a good un

He's an absolute beast, think he'd do well in England

Apparently not ?

Achille Emana has revealed that he no longer wants to be considered for selection for Cameroon.

The talented Toulouse midfielder believes he has been treated badly by his national team for a number of years and says he has now had enough.

"I have been a professional for seven years and at home they have played me for a fool for five years," he told L'Equipe.

"One day my game doesn't suit them, another day I cause disturbance in the group.

"Today I am fed up that they take me for fool, so I have told them to go to hell.

"So I tell you clearly, I won't go to the national team anymore. They must not rely on me for the next African Cup of Nations."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11809_2632521,00.html

Guest Holly_Goodhead

A midfielder who can score goals is what the team needs.Missing 3 or 4 matches with the ANC is not a major problem.

Apparently not ?

Achille Emana has revealed that he no longer wants to be considered for selection for Cameroon.

The talented Toulouse midfielder believes he has been treated badly by his national team for a number of years and says he has now had enough.

"I have been a professional for seven years and at home they have played me for a fool for five years," he told L'Equipe.

"One day my game doesn't suit them, another day I cause disturbance in the group.

"Today I am fed up that they take me for fool, so I have told them to go to hell.

"So I tell you clearly, I won't go to the national team anymore. They must not rely on me for the next African Cup of Nations."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11809_2632521,00.html

reading that he definitly wants a transfer.

week after signing big hugs and kisses wtih national coach.

#

and that ladies and gentlemen is a FACT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.