Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

House prices/rents in Bolton

tomski

5 hours ago, tomski said:

Just had a look at the old school house in Harwood and for 2 bed apartments now starting £1200 including fees. Who in their right mind is paying that here. One of its features ‘close to Manchester’ amazing.

And southerners go on about house prices, said ages ago rental especially has gone mental around here 

Just now, DirtySanchez said:

A simple yes or no will suffice

Did you post on here saying you went into lockdown and bubbles when bubbles weren't even a thing 

It's a straight yes or no 

I’ve no fkin idea. I remember (I think) Zico posting about he was cycling around the north west taking photos of flood lights. Is that what you’re on about? Tag me in it in the covid thread and save this for houses 👍

• Members
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’ve no fkin idea. I remember (I think) Zico posting about he was cycling around the north west taking photos of flood lights. Is that what you’re on about? Tag me in it in the covid thread and save this for houses 👍

I’ve no fkin idea

Amen

• Members
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

😂😂😂

I think I member (I think) Zico posting about

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

You're savvy enough surely 

• Site Supporter

One point which seems to have been missed

3 hours ago, Sweep said:

I know, for somebody who is clearly quite bright, he does ask some ridiculous questions, I assume he must have gotten shell shock or something when he was in the army

Gotten? What the fuck is gotten?

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

One point which seems to have been missed

Gotten? What the fuck is gotten?

This humble word originally hails from Middle English geten, from Old Norse geta, and is related to Old English gietan. In British English, gotten was the preferred form some centuries ago. But, then around the 1600s, the standard form shifted to got – though gotten does appear in some British English dialects

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Sweep said:

This humble word originally hails from Middle English geten, from Old Norse geta, and is related to Old English gietan. In British English, gotten was the preferred form some centuries ago. But, then around the 1600s, the standard form shifted to got – though gotten does appear in some British English dialects

British English dialects such as Boltonian? Get outa here!

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Sweep said:

People in Atherton still speak Old Norse.

• Members
1 hour ago, Carlos said:

“I’d prefer to look out on green open land, rather than houses.”

First rule, or maybe one of the first, of Planning is nobody has a right to a view 

Often said by someone whose house was built blocking someone else's view