Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Adidas fans..

My right leg (on the left) 1970. Not sure if they were called Samba then but bought mine from Gareth Williams sport shop on Churchgate. The suede toe was/is difficult to clean. It was our generation that stopped dressing like our Dad’s. Now everyone wants to dress like their Dad (or Grandad😊)

IMG_0934.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe it's just me, but why do folk so readily refuse to wear something because someone else does?

Fuckin mad. I you like something, wear it.

Fashion Fascists. I was one myself until I was maybe 21. I then grew up.😊

Slightly off script but watched the programme about Alexander (Lee) McQueen last night. When he got the top job at Givenchy, he turned up with an adidas t shirt and cheap trainers. 
Who’s to say what is or isn’t cool?

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Maybe it's just me, but why do folk so readily refuse to wear something because someone else does?

Fuckin mad. I you like something, wear it.

Maybe it's just me, but why do you fall for this utter shite? Who is refusing to wear something because someone else does?

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Maybe it's just me, but why do you fall for this utter shite? Who is refusing to wear something because someone else does?

Yes it’s just you. Sunak offered his apology because, yes, the court of social media said they wouldn’t wear them because he wore them. 🤷‍♂️

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Yes it’s just you. Sunak offered his apology because, yes, the court of social media said they wouldn’t wear them because he wore them. 🤷‍♂️

Ah. So you genuinely believe everything you read on social media. Makes sense.

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Makes it worse that individuals also saying that he only wore them to appear "cool".

GQ magazine, the guardian, the mail- all and sundry in fact- you'd think it was a crime against humanity! :)

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Ah. So you genuinely believe everything you read on social media. Makes sense.

Your whole life is social media. Most of what you post is social media. You are the social media generation. You asked a question, I gave you an answer. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

Your whole life is social media. Most of what you post is social media. You are the social media generation. You asked a question, I gave you an answer. 

It's ok. I get the message. You're easily taken in by this absolute nonsense because you're old.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

It's ok. I get the message. You're easily taken in by this absolute nonsense because you're old.

😊 It always ends the same. If only you had the intelligence to come up with something…. well intelligent. 🤷‍♂️

• Site Supporter
28 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

😊 It always ends the same. If only you had the intelligence to come up with something…. well intelligent. 🤷‍♂️

Just holding up a mirror, Boby.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

The reality of reflection can be a revelation. It’s never too late to change. 👍

I think it might be too late for you. 🙁

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, only1swanny said:

Would he have been 'cooler' or less 'cool' if he'd had jeans on and not suit pants and day shirt ? And not had a daft 'you got me' grin on his face.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, FrancisFogarty said:

Would he have been 'cooler' or less 'cool' if he'd had jeans on and not suit pants and day shirt ? And not had a daft 'you got me' grin on his face.

Day shirt?

I’ve never really thought about this but I know what an evening shirt is; ie a shirt worn with a dinner suit or tuxedo. A day shirt, however, is a new one on me. Presumably a collared shirt which isn’t an evening shirt?

• Site Supporter

I don’t know where it came from but I’ve always put the word ‘day’ in front of any garment used daily. There are football shirts, T shirts sports shirts and all sorts of shirts to differentiate further.

I’m sure he had day socks with the Samba too.

He would have been much better wearing ‘day off’ attire and might have got away with it altogether.