Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guimareas Meet

Widnes Two Hats

from the front line

In the historical centre, in pra??a oliveira and pra??a santiago (squares) you  

can find several bars that are opened till late. They are not very big. But  

in that the kind of bar people drink usually outside.

this is 10 minutes walk from the ground

Sounds spot on to me - outside drinking!

Wrap up well, it'll be freezing.

so we don't need to worry about not getting a ticket then! could be a better atmosphere in the square and us powerdrinkers don't need to knock off for 90 minutes.

Powerdrinkers?

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Guest WhiteShadow

Hello everyone. I'm a portuguese Vitoria fan ;-)

Thanks jayjay, thats the one i was after (too numb to sort it!)

looks awreet though,i guess it was taken in santiago sq during a portugal game in euro 04.

That's a very beautiful square and that photo was taken during our UEFA Cup away game against Wisla, on Poland. More than 3000 Vitoria fans watched the game together ;-)

Here some photos of that:

dsc09871ir9gl.th.jpg vitoria10hf6yh.th.jpg somosunicossss9oq.th.jpg

Guest WhiteShadow
This is where it's all happening in Poland but where are we meeting in Portugal........ You numpties

Great, now you try to insult us. Not so nice as the Bolton fans I met on our forum.

No everyone has the money to go to Russia ;-) And we are always with the club :-D

Besides, we (as I believe you are) have enough fans to make huge attendances on away games and still have plenty of people on the home town to see the game.

This is where it's all happening in Poland but where are we meeting in Portugal........ You numpties

Great, now you try to insult us. Not so nice as the Bolton fans I met on our forum.

No everyone has the money to go to Russia ;-) And we are always with the club :-D

Besides, we (as I believe you are) have enough fans to make huge attendances on away games and still have plenty of people on the home town to see the game.

Mr.WhiteShadow I am not being insulting I have got alcohol inside me and I thought the picture was in Poland and not Portugal, which it obviously is.

The numpty in this case is in fact me :oops:

Guest WhiteShadow

No problem! :-D

About the meeting point, I think you should really choose the historical centre, in particular the Oliveira and Santiago Squares, which are connected and have plenty of bars.

Check some pictures:

Aerial view of historical centre:

aerea3hd.th.jpg

Santiago square at night:

santiago0rt.th.jpg

Oliveira square:

oliveira9ok.th.jpg

Touristical info about Guimar??es can be found here (including maps): http://www.guimaraesturismo.com/home_en/

Hope to have a beer with you guys ;-)

About the meeting point, I think you should really choose the historical centre, in particular the Oliveira and Santiago Squares, which are connected and have plenty of bars.

Check some pictures:

Aerial view of historical centre:

aerea3hd.th.jpg

Santiago square at night:

santiago0rt.th.jpg

Oliveira square:

oliveira9ok.th.jpg

Touristical info about Guimar??es can be found here (including maps): http://www.guimaraesturismo.com/home_en/

Plenty of Bars - thats what I wanted to hear. :bb

Thanks Shadow. Watched your film this afternoon - very impressed by your fans. If we bring 5,000 and you guys get over 20,000 then the place should be rocking.

Where do you expect the Bolton fans to be located in the stadium? I notice your upper tiers are much, much larger than your lower tiers. I presume these are priced accordingly?

Thanks Shadow. Watched your film this afternoon - very impressed by your fans. If we bring 5,000 and you guys get over 20,000 then the place should be rocking.

Where do you expect the Bolton fans to be located in the stadium? I notice your upper tiers are much, much larger than your lower tiers. I presume these are priced accordingly?

guimaraes585hu.jpg

That's the place you will watch the game.In the upper tiers behind the goal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.