Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

FÚCKIN INDIAN FÚCKIN CALL FÚCKIN CENTERS!

• Site Supporter

im pissed off with em ringin me every other week!

then when i tell em to go away, they f??ckin ring back again!

really gettin on my tits now!

my phone is ex-directory, but how do i stop the c??nts ringin me!

cheers

These people who ring you up, buy your number off other companies which you have given your number too already. Was told to ring the telephone prefernce service and to register with them, since then we havent had a single call from Hong Kong or wherever. The number is at the front of the phone book I think.

Call 0845 07 007 07

24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Its on page 7 of the BT phone book.

do what they do best, and put them on hold.

simply put the phone next to the telly and leave it.

they will get bored before you

another one is to ask them, in your filthiest sex pest voice 'hello girly, what are you wearin?'

yeah and when you answer the phone to the f??ckers let them know and they will hang up

deffo - only had one or two since I registered, and when I tell them that what they are doing is illegal they're off me phone like shit from a goose.

Glad to see that fines for computer-controlled silent calls have risen to ??50k; put the shits up me old mum a good few times they did when she answered and there was just silence at the other end. Never mind fining them, string the kunts up I say [-X

yeah and when you answer the phone to the f??ckers let them know and they will hang up

deffo - only had one or two since I registered, and when I tell them that what they are doing is illegal they're off me phone like shit from a goose.

Glad to see that fines for computer-controlled silent calls have risen to ??50k; put the shits up me old mum a good few times they did when she answered and there was just silence at the other end. Never mind fining them, string the kunts up I say [-X

To right p!sses me right off get at least 5 silent calls and 3 marketing calls a week. Ive spotted bothering answering the phone but its annoying when im still in bed and phone wakes me up!!

Hopefully they will go and bother someone else now

I had same problem and managed to get rid since we registered. Only other propblem is stupidly i submitted my 0870 business number to the yellow pages ( for free - never pay the c??nts ).

They sell your details to every tom dick and mohamed. I get the same annoying american gay guy trying to sell me a different product every week, indian guys asking for my bank details so they can send me a free fone lmao. Best ones i had A ) Data Protection act.. send ??90 now to this liverpool PO BOX to register B) Central Domain Registry - we have registered your domain name, you now owe us ??80 for a co.uk ( which u can get for ??8 ) heh.

To right p!sses me right off get at least 5 silent calls and 3 marketing calls a week. Ive spotted bothering answering the phone but its annoying when im still in bed and phone wakes me up!!

Hopefully they will go and bother someone else now

sorry

didnt realise it was you

What i find amusing is the false names they give you, obviously to lull you into a false sense that theyre calling fron somewhere in England.

How many Indian blokes are called Daniel??

Theres been a couple of Roberts too.

I also find it amazing that they can do the full speil without pausing so you can get a word in, and without breathing.

Scientist should be studying the lung capacities of them. Amazing.

What i find amusing is the false names they give you, obviously to lull you into a false sense that theyre calling fron somewhere in England.

I also find it amazing that they can do the full speil without pausing so you can get a word in, and without  breathing.

They could be calling from Bradford or Oldham or maybe even Birmingham. :D

I also find it amazing that they can do the full speil without pausing so you can get a word in, and without  breathing.

We had a call centre in Bangalore but had to get rid of it due to the number of complaints but

The indians used to get a briefing before each shift telling them

1. What had happened in the Soaps

2. Latest Football scores

3. Why the news headlines where

I shit you not, it's only a shame that none of them could speak English

If it hadn't been for them pesky kids we'd have gotten away with it

• Site Supporter
You have to re-register every 6 months with the TPS so don't forget!! Last week I had 5 calls in 5 days telling me they may be able to better my existing phone contract - no you can't cos I'm on an online deal fools.

this one that rang last night was tryin to 'give' me a free phone.

he was from that new 3 network, he even said he spoke to me last week and i asked him to call back?!?!

and i kept tellin him i am already contracted to o2, but he continued to read from his sheet about how good his deal was...

ended up just putting the phone down...

You have to re-register every 6 months with the TPS so don't forget!!

No you don't!!!!

You do! Trust me I've worked for more call centres than you've had hot dinners.

I think it's TPS that update call centres on a 6 monthly basis rather than the customer having to reregistar every 6 months but I can't be arse lifting the phone up and asking anybody...... maybe if it gets into a full blown arguement

As far as I'm aware, it takes one month from registering to actually being on the TPS then you need to re-register every 6 months. Of course the TPS is generally not very helpful as most call centres quite simply use the phone book so you need to be ex directory too.

The best thing to do if a call centre rings you is to say that you rent your house. Most of the things they try and sell/offer you require you to be a homeowner.

• Moderators
As far as I'm aware, it takes one month from registering to actually being on the TPS then you need to re-register every 6 months. Of course the TPS is generally not very helpful as most call centres quite simply use the phone book so you need to be ex directory too.

The best thing to do if a call centre rings you is to say that you rent your house. Most of the things they try and sell/offer you require you to be a homeowner.

Can you either find proof that you need to re-register or retract the statement please?

I work in a call centre and we are trained in the TPS.

Training pack reads:

If a customer asks to be removed from the database, inform of the TPS (Telephone Preference Service) service.

The phone number is 0845 0700707.

Inform the customer it takes 28 days to register and they must re-register every 6-9 months.

Inform the customer that it is not obligatory for any company to use the data the TPS can provide.

Jeez you try and give people a bit of advice...

Well, this is what goes out in our training packs

Consumers who do not wish to receive sales calls can register their telephone number with a Telephone Preference Service (TPS). This is mainly to protect them from cold calls, for example, where double glazing firms obtain numbers from the telephone directory. The customer only has to do this once.

XXXXX are supporters of the TPS and we receive a monthly list of all customers who have registered with them. Before making any outbound call that involves selling, we actively screen our selection of customers against the list to ensure that we do not call anyone who has registered.

Customer Services

If you receive a complaint from a customer that we rang when they had registered with the TPS, please explain that we fully support the TPS and can only assume that they registered after we received the last monthly update from the TPS.

In addition, you should stop telemarketing calls by setting the relevant flags for all other brands

Further Information

Please note that certain call types will not be excluded, even if the customer has contacted the TPS. These calls are Debt, New Starter Care, Pre-Advising for delivery, Market Research and Time Sensitive Letters.

So retract your statement of get your tits out NOW

REET. DEFINITIVE ANSWER FROM TPS.

I have heard that re-registering for this service needs to be made every 6-9 months.  

Is this correct?

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr *********

Thank you for your e-mail. I can confirm that once registered with TPS (Residential, Sole Trader & Partnership telephone numbers) you will continue to stay registered unless we are notified otherwise. Registrations with CTPS (Ltd & Plc companies) need to re-register on an annual basis.

Kind regards

Lynn Freshwater

Complaints Officer - TPS

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.