Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Will the cheating Kraut get his legs slapped?

fishbulb

you generally get away with everything short of actual murder

I put it to you that no-one, representing Arsenal or not, could get away with entering the field of play brandishing a chainsaw and carving the legs off an opposing player before hurling the removed limbs into the crowd. That would not be murder and, therefore, falls within your parameter of 'everything short of actual murder.' Therefore, your claim is madness and to save face if nothing else I rather think you ought to withdraw it.

I would personally pay good money to see any player do the above to any other player. It would liven football up hugely.

carving the legs off an opposing player

The massive blood loss and the trauma of an unanaesthesised double amputation would have a more than likely chance of leading to the death of the opposition player. So in this scenario the Arsenal player would face the full fury of the law.

Aha! You've fallen straight into my trap. The modern day football physio is a marvel. He can do anything. It's not like the 1950s where Bert Trautmann broke his neck and was told not to be such a puff and get on with it. The modern football physio is the equivalent of the 1950s brain surgeon and would quickly apply a tourniquet which would stem the flow of blood. Then, a fleet of ambulances would arrive and within quarter of an hour the incapacitated player would be undergoing emergency medical treatment in a hospital. The guilty player would be charged with attempted murder and only then at a stretch; had he wanted to murder then he would have cut the other player's head off and not his legs.

You've really not thought this through.

Aha! You've fallen straight into my trap. The modern day football physio is a marvel. He can do anything. It's not like the 1950s where Bert Trautmann broke his neck and was told not to be such a puff and get on with it. The modern football physio is the equivalent of the 1950s brain surgeon and would quickly apply a tourniquet which would stem the flow of blood. Then, a fleet of ambulances would arrive and within quarter of an hour the incapacitated player would be undergoing emergency medical treatment in a hospital. The guilty player would be charged with attempted murder and only then at a stretch; had he wanted to murder then he would have cut the other player's head off and not his legs.

You've really not thought this through.

Dr. Richard Steadman would sew them back on & he'd be playing the next week

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.