Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Time To Vote

Planned changes to the forums  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm only 'airing' comments that have been put directly to me.

Some want the forums to be members.

Others have said make it a subscription site as this would keep the 'unwanted' people away and stop them from posting drivel.

I agree with both comments and have voted accordingly.

Guest The Special One

Members only, who have to be vetted and vouched for by any of the allstars and a tenner membership to deter any of those little chav types who slip the net

CAN GUESTS VOTE ON THE ABOVE THANG?

No.

If a membership fee is introduced what happens with the dosh?

Goes in the pot as I've said countless times. If those sponsoring the site pull out, how would the site continue.

If you're wonding about donations made, especially regarding my last attempt. Only one person sent a donation.

No.

Goes in the pot as I've said countless times. If those sponsoring the site pull out, how would the site continue.

If you're wonding about donations made, especially regarding my last attempt. Only one person sent a donation.

not sure on the compulsory fee, i know it costs to run the site perhaps those who want access to the itk section should be those who pay a fee.

Personally i can see the compulsory fee putting us off new members, and some might see this as a good thing, for every natasha (who's scarily long posts have created long posts but non of it of any value!) there is a sluffy (who's scarily long posts have created some decent discussion and remeniscing).

As for donations i have no access to paypal and i guess neither do many others. but if the sponsors were to pull out i know most posters would dip into their pockets to send the necessary cash!

I voted to allow guests,and for the forum to be free for all,I think if you made it subscription only the number of people who use the boards will fall dramatically therefore affecting the current sponsorship deals.

If people post drivel you already have the means to ban them anyway so no problem there,As for donations it is dissapointing that only one person has been bothered to cough up but as someone else just said not everyone can be arsed with paypal.

If happy can supply me with the provisions for sending a cheque i will do so.

I voted to allow guests,and for the forum to be free for all,I think if you made it subscription only the number of people who use the boards will fall dramatically therefore affecting the current sponsorship deals.

If people post drivel you already have the means to ban them anyway so no problem there,As for donations it is dissapointing that only one person has been bothered to cough up but as someone else just said not everyone can be arsed with paypal.

If happy can supply me with the provisions for sending a cheque i will do so.

I agree with bristolwhite, you have to allow guests. The drivel posts are made by people that have already made themselves members.

• Site Supporter

when somebody at work requires sponsering they get a sponser sheet, but the problem nobody wants to put their name down 1st because they dont want to set the precident for the kind of money being sponsered.

my point being happy, maybe if you released to the world the actual running costs of the site and released (by permission of donator) the amount donated then people would be persuaded to donate.

rememeber no matter what we say, most people are really quite shallow and would basque in the glory of there name was in a 'hall of fame' for donations.

making people pay a subscription will kill the site imo.

theres my two penneth anyway.

Allow guests - every so often we get really good banter on here from fans of other teams. Sometimes this is overkill (WHU last season) but either way, it is good to share thoughts with 'the others'!

Keep it free - I for one would not pay a subscription fee. I enjoy popping on here every so often for a read and a post (amazing how you can tot up 800+ in less than a year!) but I would not pay for the privilege.

I think the control of those who post has to come from the moderators.