Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bring Me The Head Of A Halfords Manager

So I bought a car stereo on Monday from the one in Leigh.

'When can I have it fitted?'

'Not till next Tuesday'

'Can I have it done at any branch? I work away.'

'Yes.'

'Right.'

So just to check I rang the Leigh branch up later that afternoon and spoke to some other halfwit.

'I need a stereo fitting, can you fit me in before Sunday? I work away and I'm off again on Sunday.'

'Yes, no problem Sir, Saturday at 10am OK?'

'Yes.'

'What car is it?'

'It's a Fiesta.'

'OK, have you got your extra parts?'

'What?'

'The extra parts.'

'I heard what you said, I meant what extra parts?'

'The fascia and the thingummywotsit.'

'No. The lad in the shop never told me I needed any extras when I bought the thing off him.'

'I see. Well we've got one of the parts you need in but not the other. There's a delivery Thurdsay, I'll be in touch then to let you know if it's come in.'

'Right.'

Obviously they've not rung, so I've just rung them and no, of course the extra part hasn't come in. So I rang the one at Horwich and these extra parts they have got in, but they come to a grand total of ?28.98, nearly a third of what the stereo cost in the first bastard place.

I also rung the branch nearest to my workplace and they only do fittings between 10am and 3.30pm on weekdays. What do they think folk do all day???

Avoid Halfords like the plague for the sake of your sanity and blood pressure and as regards subject title, tarred and feathered if you please.

• Site Supporter

i work with a guy who used to work at halfords, so just to piss you off a little more...

they used to play a game to see who could go the longest WITHOUT serving a customer. - hence the worse that SHITE service

also they turned over a maximum of 2k a day, how the fcuk do they stay open at that rate? - hence the MASSIVE mark up on average merchandise!

My mate started working at Halfords. His first day: On the bicycle department, he told them he knows naff all about them and they said it doesn't matter they don't either.

I'm in the cycle trade and we get phone calls everyday on the lines of:

'I bought a bike from Halfords, something is wrong with it but they asked me to contact a cycle shop / wholesaler. Can you help?'

JOKE, AVOID HALFORDS

• Site Supporter
My mate started working at Halfords. His first day: On the bicycle department, he told them he knows naff all about them and they said it doesn't matter they don't either.

'I bought a bike from Halfords, something is wrong with it but they asked me to contact a cycle shop / wholesaler. Can you help?'

JOKE, AVOID HALFORDS

I could have done with you a couple of months ago, in fact I may well be after you soon now the weathers nice.

Get your name on W/Ways directory!!!

• Site Supporter

JOKE, AVOID HALFORDS

im after a hollowtech ii crank bolt (xt), worth about a quid but cant find one anywhere, can ya help me?

Fuming? This morning I've already had it with the bank, the insurance company AND the car dealers. I mean, do you ever feel as if you're the only sane one left? I'd set all their offices alight if there wasn't a very high chance of getting caught but even if I did go through with it, the public would applaud me.

My Mam's got very little sympathy. 'Wait till you buy a house if you think this is bad', she says. So I'm never going to buy a house.

• Site Supporter
www.chainreactioncycles.com should sort you out. It's run by Diana Ross, though.

cheers, i do use them quite often, but they dont stock the part i need.

fookin cheap shimano engineering, why would you make a bolt from bloody plastic...

cheers, i do use them quite often, but they dont stock the part i need.

fookin cheap shimano engineering, why would you make a bolt from bloody plastic...

Go to Halfords.

Buy a bike with the required bolt.

Use the Bolt.

Take the bike back and demand a refund as they have sold you faulty goods.

Or get Maggie to do it for you, as he can then let off a bit more steam at them..

Edited by Gonk

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.