Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So Who To Take Over?

Zico

• Moderators
Sensible Choice is Sammy Lee and Speedo but not sure its the right one on all accounts... Fair enough he knows sam's systems etc and the players may be tempted to stay if he takes it on but the lack of experience is one that gets me. i know there is only one direction we can go from here but we need a big name in to keep us in the top six.

Billy Davies, Boothroyd or Pardew

are you coming back later with the big name?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sensible Choice is Sammy Lee and Speedo but not sure its the right one on all accounts... Fair enough he knows sam's systems etc and the players may be tempted to stay if he takes it on but the lack of experience is one that gets me. i know there is only one direction we can go from here but we need a big name in to keep us in the top six.

Billy Davies, Boothroyd or Pardew

Admitedly Boothroyd is quite a big name (nine letters the same as Allardyce), but Davies and Pardew at only six letters each are short and wouldn't earn many points if you could use them in Scrabble.

• Moderators

it's going to be sammy lee

the football may improve but at the end of the day sam leaving takes away from the club much more than just they style of play

i doubt we'll get another manager who can do what he can do in that capacity

i just hope where he (big sam) has got us will keep us in good stead for taking the club forward because his leaving is going to have a big impact on us

i'll take 1-0 over 3-4 anyday

How about Danny Wilson!? Young manager! Successful stints at Barnsley and currently Bristol City! Unsuccesful stints at Barnsley and Sheff Weds! Plus! Gartsides money range! Lower Leagues like Allardyce! He would be cheap as chips!

Nahhhh! Feckin' ignore me!

• Moderators
How about Danny Wilson!? Young manager! Successful stints at Barnsley and currently Bristol City! Unsuccesful stints at Barnsley and Sheff Weds! Plus! Gartsides money range! Lower Leagues like Allardyce! He would be cheap as chips!

Nahhhh! Feckin' ignore me!

maybe if redfearn was still his linchpin and still in his prime

ps: he's not manager of bristol city anymore, has sinced been sacked by mk dons

pps: how's about bristol city's gary johnson, good football and an international pedigree

Sorry Zico! I meant Hartlepool! I am pisssed!

It's going to be Sammy Lee! The clue is in Gartside's satement tonight on Sky! And Gartside added: "We'll reflect on that over the next few days. Better things come in smaller packages maybe."

Edited by Andybwfc

• Members

Maybe the wise move is to install little Sam until the end of the season and take time to draw breath and consider all options. In my wildest dreams, I cannot imagine someone like Sven Goran Erikson coming to Bolton. A few years back, I would have said the same about Youri Djorkaeff. It would be wonderful to get someone with such a high profile and player attracting potential.

Probably safest to buy some time and consider when all of the commotion has died down.

Maybe the wise move is to install little Sam until the end of the season and take time to draw breath and consider all options.

Probably safest to buy some time and consider when all of the commotion has died down.

That would be the sensible thing to do. In the long term though, i just can't imagine Little Sam having the nous or the Media savvy thats required at this level.

Seeing as 8 years ago we appointed an ex-Bolton favourite with passion for the club, which in retrospect worked wonders how about a certain Mr McGinlay?

Romantic idea, but -

1,No managerial experiance at this level

2,Not a big enough name to capture decent European signings

3,Would have all the players out on the piss the night before a game :yahoo:

Romantic idea, but -

1,No managerial experiance at this level

2,Not a big enough name to capture decent European signings

3,Would have all the players out on the piss the night before a game :yahoo:

Don't get me wrong, McGinlay is a ridiculous suggestion, but two of those three points applied to FSA when we appointed him.

I would like to see Iain Dowie working with Little Sam. Thing is though this summer we need a lot of players in so now Big Sam has gone we might struggle to attract any top names, we might ven struggle to keep some of our top names ie Anelka, Diouf etc :o

Why?

Because I think Iain Dowie has a lot of innovative ideas like Big Sam had and has managerial experience where as Little Sam has little/no managerial experience.

Also for the comedy value, little and Large :rofl:

I would like to see Iain Dowie working with Little Sam. Thing is though this summer we need a lot of players in so now Big Sam has gone we might struggle to attract any top names, we might ven struggle to keep some of our top names ie Anelka, Diouf etc :o

Anelka worked with little sam at Liverpool, not sure about Diouf but still no reason to leave. What little sam has got in the trophy cabinet a lot of players can only dream of. They need to stick around and learn from a liverpool legend.

I'll get my coat!

Anelka worked with little sam at Liverpool, not sure about Diouf but still no reason to leave. What little sam has got in the trophy cabinet a lot of players can only dream of. They need to stick around and learn from a liverpool legend.

I'll get my coat!

cough, Phil Neal, cough! :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.