Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hi's & Lo's

C86

Hi's

Taking C86 Jnr to his first match.

Lisbon away up to kick off.

Meeting a few off here in Lisbon, Traf, Carlos, Widnes, Happy, S&G, Fester :hi: No Balls, Sue :give_rose:

Sunderland at home.

Reebokvoice readim C86's birthday out yesterday, made a young chap very happy :good:

Lo's

C86 Jnr insisting we buy half ST's :D

Arsenal at Home

Lisbon away, the match.

Festers farts in Lisbon :nea:

Edited by Crew86

Hi's

Taking C86 Jnr to his first match.

Lisbon away up to kick off.

Meeting a few off here in Lisbon, Traf, Carlos, Widnes, Happy, S&G, Fester :hi: No Balls, Sue :give_rose: Sunderland at home.

Reebokvoice readim C86's birthday out yesterday, made a young chap very happy :good:

Lo's

C86 Jnr insisting we buy half ST's

Arsenal at Home

Lisbon away, the match.

Festers farts in Lisbon :nea:

If meeting that lot was one of the Hi's of your season you need to get out more. :p

On a serious note, all the European away game's was the hi of my season.

If meeting that lot was one of the Hi's of your season you need to get out more. :p

On a serious note, all the European away game's was the hi of my season.

In defence I was pissed :pardon:

Highs

Derby away excluding the game, new ground for me and was a tad drunk.

Munich in its entirety. Wanted them in the group and never been to germany, ace match ace city ace beer

Beating utd at home, jagermeister at 11am in wetherspoons mint day

Liverpool away excluding the game, in a pub called the park facing the kop after the game. It was like a UN meeting without a scouser in sight. Good craic with the scandinavians though!

Beating derby at home with classic route one football (thats how poor the season has been)

Madrid minus the police, wanted them in the draw followed by lisbon, rangers, fiorentina and bayern again in the final (dreams are ace aint they)

Bernabeu tour singing shit ground no fans and white army. The echo...

Not paying 6 months rent to fund my new found jet set lifestyle

Lisbon and gettin back on the superbock train and not gettin asked for ID at the bar in heathrow cause im a regular :::::lol:::::

This late turnaround of events that has (more or less) saved us, in particular gettin proper fitshaced for west ham and sunderland yesterday

Barring some cuntish events knowing were playing top flight again for another year.

Lows

Gettin dicked 3-1 first day of the season

Realising fairly quickly that sammy lee was inept

Playing vast swaythes of the season like a team with no heart

Everton, blackburn, boro and portsmouth at home in the league

Sacrificing the FA cup.

Madrid police and the largely forgettable game at the vicente (probably mainly not through choice)

Conceding the goal at home against lisbon

Sitting at home watching SSN the day before setting off for lisbon and seeing the squad we took over there

The goal they scored at the jose alvalade, realisation that the dream was over.

Seeing that we would have had rangers in the next round!!!!!!

Being the most skint ive ever ever been in my sorry existence of a life for a good couple of months after madrid

Wigan away

Finally paying the rent i owed, in cash this week. Oh how i weeped.

Falling asleep on the train and being woke up at manchester airport in a drunken stupor on more than one occasion.

At points of the season thinking "were down and were going down without a whimper"

Not doin as many domestic aways as i would have liked (gonna make up for it next season i tell thee)

That just about sums it up for me :yahoo:

The low was the side we turned out at home to Blackburn and the inevitable defeat.Anelka had been sold,none of the money spent and we had Michalik and Cohen amongst others playing.

High.Either leg against Atletico Madrid

Hi's

Macedonia :spiteful:

Man utd home

Watching the uefa cup group draw, and panicking to book cheap travel straight away ::::lol::::

Low

Madrid - day of the game. Never in my life will i eat microwaved paella again ::::lol:::: . Makes me laugh looking back mind

High:

All UEFA aways, for all sorts of reasons

Low:

Missing Lisbon at home because I had the shits.

Queue for the park and ride bus after Sunderland away - coldest I've ever been at at game in 30 years of going. Some of the locals even pulled their sleeves down, it were that bad :blink:

Highs Reading game home and away, visiting emirates for the first time, Munich great day superb real boltoners singing there hearts out all day and night, beating Borough away was an immense day the fans were superb and for me dragged the players through and that feeling that we might of helped the players is a real buzz, sunderland at home the realisation that we have saved what has been a car crash of a season.

the lows just make the highs better and there best forgot.

Highs

Beating the scum 1-0

Winning v Sunderland to stay up

Cahill

Al absi

Lows

Not getting a season ticket

Missing the pre match/after match beer sessions

Appointing Sammy Lee

Appointing Megson

Getting rid of Anelka

Playing the reserves at Lisbon

Wigan the week after

Arsenal at home

Villa away

Playing relegation football all season

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.