Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Strange Places You've Met A Bolton Fan.

NZtrotter

Walked out the office tuesday afternoon, this fella walked past me with Bolton cap on, thought he was a holiday maker or summat,so i gave him the 3rd degree cause ive never seen one in these parts before, other than people ive influenced, said he's a kiwi, never been bolton but always supported em ! weird, i was brainwashed as a child but this guy chose us ! Top bloke.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Blockbuster video in Newmarket, a small town near Toronto about 3 years ago. The lad walks in wearing his Bolton shirt, apparantley he'd moved over from Harwood about 10 years ago. I was recognised in my BWFC shirt by another Bolton fan at a Toronto FC friendly v Aston Villa last summer. There seems to be quite a few in Ontario. Is'nt there a poster from Guelph, ON, on this site?

A couple of weeks ago on my hols went to the shops in a little welsh village as soon as we

got there first person i see upon getting out of the car was a lad from match,

one of the cattle market crew. :blink: Danny.

the Reebok :blink:

Ann Taylor MEP came over and spoke to me at the England v Argentina match in Sapporro, Japan. Said "Its nice to see someone from Bolton here" There was 30 odd of us :mellow:

Sat next to her at a big do in London. I think we were put together as we were both BW fans. I despise her.

Got in a black cab in dublin and told him was from bolton and the lad said he was best mates with joey obrien . That night jumped into another black cab and this old fella turned out to be the first taxi drivers dad , remember joey as a lad . Out of 2000+ black cabs in dublin got into dad and lads taxi . Think the big guy upstairs wanted me to meet the for some reason . Really nice fellas to .

The main shopping mall "florida mall" in May. Had my top on and this bloke with his wife and daughter walked up to me shook hands and said in a top lancashire accent "white army" then walked off. It took me back a bit as when i spoke to him it seemed to puzzle him (living in and from warrington been told many times im a scouser or speak like one, nearly got a clip at tranmere a few years ago from some bolton fans but got recognised just as his fist was about to meet my jaw and ended up on the lash with them after a 0-0 bore draw. Think it was 1at game of season a few years ago,eidur missed a sitter)

• Site Supporter
In Blockbuster video in Newmarket, a small town near Toronto about 3 years ago. The lad walks in wearing his Bolton shirt, apparantley he'd moved over from Harwood about 10 years ago. I was recognised in my BWFC shirt by another Bolton fan at a Toronto FC friendly v Aston Villa last summer. There seems to be quite a few in Ontario. Is'nt there a poster from Guelph, ON, on this site?

There was one from Canada who's surname is Liptrott. If you know him I'd like him to get in touch with me by PM

On oxford street Accra in Ghana. Walking along saw bloke in Bolton away shirt.. Started talking to him he seemed very elusive about what he was doing over there. I decided he was a sex tourist or drug smuggler. He kept referring to business with friends?? On the brightside he got away with it cause I saw him on the train the first day of that season still wearing the same shirt and african beads I'd seen him in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.