Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Facebook Virus

Virus going round on facebook, hidden in a link to a video, usually a mis-spelt title and saying your in the video and its been uploaded to youtube.

Do not even attempt to open the link as it unleashes a very nasty virus onto your pc, sending trojans, worms and adware into your registry, it even installed a bogus security toolbar on my laptop. It can collect data and passwords from your pc. I have just removed the little fecker after 2 hours!! :angry:

If anyone has it, PM me for details on how to remove.

I had this particularly nasty fecker last week, it looks like windows security and says you need to buy it to get rid of the 'spyware and viruses' (aye, the stuff it's just installed!) It also keeps on with the popups every 10 seconds or so, so it's particularly annoying!

I had the firewall up and it got past that and Norton too, so play nice kids!

Try malwarebytes malware removal tool, had me sorted in a jiffy, and it's free!

• Members

Don't have shares in it but there is a particularly sh1t hot antivirus called NOD32 which we have installed at home and at work. Nowt gets past. Nothing. Won the award for the best in the world a number of times in recent years (according to my computer guru down here).

General consensus down here is that other more famous named AV companies actually produce the viruses which mean you all have to go out and update (at a cost). Not sure if that's BS or not but it would make sense from a business perspective.

Freely admit to being a numpty at all this stuff but learned with McA and N that we weren't protected. 6 years of NOD32 and nothing has got past it.

• Members
Don't have shares in it but there is a particularly sh1t hot antivirus called NOD32 which we have installed at home and at work. Nowt gets past. Nothing. Won the award for the best in the world a number of times in recent years (according to my computer guru down here).

General consensus down here is that other more famous named AV companies actually produce the viruses which mean you all have to go out and update (at a cost). Not sure if that's BS or not but it would make sense from a business perspective.

Freely admit to being a numpty at all this stuff but learned with McA and N that we weren't protected. 6 years of NOD32 and nothing has got past it.

Just aquired this and it seems pretty good so far :good: cant find a valid user/password to update it though :roll:

Is it free Bolty? And where'd u d/load it from? download.com?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.