Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barry Ferguson

Ratwhite

no no no

not good enough and his family did not like it down here apparently

Buckfast is frely available in supermarkets these days so they'll be ok.

I couldn't comment on his ability as I've never been bored enough to watch Scottish football.

he is the type of character and player we need to replace nolan. a driving force in midfield, cambative, can score goals and make goals, is a leader (captain of rangers and scotland) and is very expereinced having played nearly 50 times for scotland and is the scottish player with the highest number of european appearances.

at ?1.5m he would be a very good bargain. i remember him at blackburn at few years ago. yes he didn't set the prem alight but he was solid enough and seemed to adapt well to the english game. just reading up on wiki (the gospel of all info!!) its says he left not becaue he could hack it in england but because he missed rangers too much

i would take him to replace nolan (can't be much worse and is also less than half the price apparently). the meggo would still have enough funds to get another creative midfielder

my worry now is that as clubs know we are getting desperate to sign midfielders they will hike up the price as the days tick by.

he is the type of character and player we need to replace nolan. a driving force in midfield, cambative, can score goals and make goals, is a leader (captain of rangers and scotland) and is very expereinced having played nearly 50 times for scotland and is the scottish player with the highest number of european appearances.

at ?1.5m he would be a very good bargain. i remember him at blackburn at few years ago. yes he didn't set the prem alight but he was solid enough and seemed to adapt well to the english game. just reading up on wiki (the gospel of all info!!) its says he left not becaue he could hack it in england but because he missed rangers too much

i would take him to replace nolan (can't be much worse and is also less than half the price apparently). the meggo would still have enough funds to get another creative midfielder

my worry now is that as clubs know we are getting desperate to sign midfielders they will hike up the price as the days tick by.

sorry about that.............. clumsy morning after ale fingers. he's captained before and would be a similar player in my opinion at that sort of money would have him if there's nowt else available.

we are still crying out for the flair in the middle and he isnt that and that's got to be the bigger priority imo.

bradowfen

i wasn't saying that ferguson would be the answer to our creativity probs but to replacing nolan in our midfield. we need a player with experience, leadership, passion and someone who can nick us an odd goal like nolan did. at ?1.5m he would be a bargain replacement for nolan

then meggo can spend whats left on a creative midfielder

we are still crying out for the flair in the middle and he isnt that and that's got to be the bigger priority imo.

IMO we need someone with experience that can go in if things go tits up now nolan has gone, i'd say that was a bigger priority than the flair player at the moment.

bradowfen

i wasn't saying that ferguson would be the answer to our creativity probs but to replacing nolan in our midfield. we need a player with experience, leadership, passion and someone who can nick us an odd goal like nolan did. at ?1.5m he would be a bargain replacement for nolan

then meggo can spend whats left on a creative midfielder

yeah i know you werent pal. i meant if we only get one in i'd rather just get the creative one first, nolan's role can be done by others already here for now if push comes to shove. we are more desperate for the creative one to conjur up a decent chance for a forward. hopefully the two signings muted by gm will fill both roles and we'll be laughing. or if that's too much for some just smiling.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.