Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Clive Tyldesley

Gonk

Will you please just fuck off and die*.

Your voice is grating, your quips aren't funny, you're ruining my enjoyment of what is quite an entertaining match.

*or contract a 40 year bout of severe laryngytis

Lawro makes me laugh.

Something about a tap

"He should be a plumber"

Then when he saw two men dressed in armour

"There having a good knight" or summat like that.

He's sarcastic a lot, he's great :D

I quite like Clive, him and Tyler have the most passion in their voices, especially when a goal is scored.

• Site Supporter

i have it on good authorty that clive tyldsley is a hermaphrodite

talking about fotball most of your life is bound to make you a twat. see terrace talk for details.

He's a total cock. Him and that Welsh prick nearly ruined the game for me. Talk about labouring a point. Had to check who it was, thought it was John Hartson at first but no it was that fantastic, highly successful manager Chris Coleman, telling us Germany will give us a game on Sunday. Well I never. Just how do ITV choose their pundits? Andy Townsend, Jim Beglin, Robbie Earle, the worst England Manager ever back in the studio and now Chris Coleman? And don't even get me started on the boring brummie, not mentioned his fecking croatian mother this time has he?

Hope the Germany game is on BBC. At least Lineker & Shearer can talk from experience about England v Germany.

He's a total cock. Him and that Welsh prick nearly ruined the game for me. Talk about labouring a point. Had to check who it was, thought it was John Hartson at first but no it was that fantastic, highly successful manager Chris Coleman, telling us Germany will give us a game on Sunday. Well I never. Just how do ITV choose their pundits? Andy Townsend, Jim Beglin, Robbie Earle, the worst England Manager ever back in the studio and now Chris Coleman? And don't even get me started on the boring brummie, not mentioned his fecking croatian mother this time has he?

Hope the Germany game is on BBC. At least Lineker & Shearer can talk from experience about England v Germany.

Exactly..not forgetting the equally hopeless Peter Drury & the James Corden shows , ITV shouldn't be allowed near football again.

I also hope the Germany game is on BBC. With such crap opposition, they've come out of it pretty well, with IMO the surprise success being Mick McCarthy.

• Site Supporter

lawro

pleat

townsend

they dont count as they are not commentators, to kinda have an excuse for being shite.

the other guys have made a living from it and are still gash.

Homer has a point, the others have no excuse for being shite. Having said that, I think I must be the only one who doesn't mind Townsend! :tongue:

Guest Frandsen08

lawro

pleat

townsend

they dont count as they are not commentators, to kinda have an excuse for being shite.

alright then pundits whatever you wanna call them they are still shite

lawro

pleat

townsend

I'm not sure I agree with that. Townsend and Pleat have been doing it for years so should be good by now & Lawrenson's presumably being paid handsomly for so should be good.

• Moderators

what actually makes a good commentator?

the only one I don't mind listening to is Ian Darke, he has a good voice for all sports always a treat when he does footy

motson is rubbish, but he knows his sh?t and he's good on MOTD highlights offering his opinion

as for the rest, it's like refs, the more you notice them, the more you dislike them

the best commentators are the ones on the radio who have to talk, and describe and know their stuff

tv ones don't

• Site Supporter

what actually makes a good commentator?

the only one I don't mind listening to is Ian Darke, he has a good voice for all sports always a treat when he does footy

motson is rubbish, but he knows his sh?t and he's good on MOTD highlights offering his opinion

as for the rest, it's like refs, the more you notice them, the more you dislike them

the best commentators are the ones on the radio who have to talk, and describe and know their stuff

tv ones don't

always be boxing commentator for me.

i prefer barry davies or martin tyler or the guy who does spanish football, forgot his name.

Edited by HomerJay

Guest Frandsen08

theres 2 commentators on MOTD who tend to cover our games, not sure of their names but i dont mind them

All the football commentators are crap. They should be reminded that their function is one of being an unbiased observer telling the viewer what is happening on the pitch. The viewer does not want to eavesdrop on their private conversation with their bum chum sat next to them. And if they want to cheer England then they should pay their own way to South Africa instead of the viewers paying for them via the licence fee. And as we are all being asked to make cuts, why have we gone to the expense of sending Lineker and his circus out to South Africa. They could do their job just as well from a studio in London.

Guest Frandsen08

the thing that really pisses me of about lawrenson is when the main commentator will ask him for example "do you think argentina have what it takes to go all the way?" and his reply quite simply is "No" what a complete and utter cock.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.