Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ghana!

HomerJay

• Members

i really want ghana to win the world cup and i have no fuckin idea why???

Underdogs maybe? Either that or FIFA's brainwashing? Not particularly pleased that Ghana are out (except that it brought a bet in) but do have a smug satisfaction that yon c?nt Blatter didn't get what he wanted.

So you think blatant cheating is right? Them cheating cunts should be out of the competition.

Agreed, who sez cheats never prosper eh?

I hope the Dutch win it now,but it could be any one from

Argentina

Holland

Germany

Spain

Cigarette paper between them at this level.

So you think blatant cheating is right? Them cheating cunts should be out of the competition.

Nothings been said yet about the blatant dive that got them the free kick that led to the incident that led to the blatant cheating!

Hers's how I see it. It was wrong but he took the only option open to him. If he didn't Uruguay would be heading home that there is no doubt. But even after that the odds are still stacked against them. I would have done the same and I would expect any Bolton Wanderers player, given a similar situation, do the same too.

Cheating bastard yes. Does he and Uruguay give a shite? no!

Guest Frandsen08

gutted for ghana , they have impressed me this WC didnt think they would get as far as they have without Essien.

the guy who missed the pen in the last min, all he need was a calm head and they'd be laughing.

Brazil and uruguay have shown the ugly side of South American football last two matches, bad temprement and blatent cheats ( I'm still bitter from Maradonna.) Thought Ghana did well, some great battling, it was the kind of glorious we was robbed failure you'd expect from an England team in a major competition..

He didn't cheat, he played the rulebook.

He broke a rule and was punished accordingly, he didn't try to deceive the referee. It was not in the spirit of the game, but not cheating. He had no alternative, like when a defender brings an attacker down on a break and takes the yellow card.

They shouldn't be out of the competition because Ghana missed the penalty.

I agree ghana shouldn't be through but I don't understand your reckoning, if you cheat and your caught you still cheated. JUst like if you break the law and get caught you still broke the law.. Not in the spirit of the game would be not throwing it back to the other team after they kicked the ball off for an injury..

• Moderators

He broke a rule and was punished accordingly, he didn't try to deceive the referee. It was not in the spirit of the game, but not cheating. He had no alternative, like when a defender brings an attacker down on a break and takes the yellow card.

bollocks he didn't cheat

he knew what he was doing was against the rules, in EXACTLY the same way maradona did in mexico

i don't blame suarez, but to say he didn't cheat is laughable

Nothings been said yet about the blatant dive that got them the free kick that led to the incident that led to the blatant cheating!

exactly. the free kick was never a free kick. Can anyone honestly say that they wouldn't of done the same thing that suarez did, if put in the same situation? If it was England and it was me, i'd have blocked it with my hand too.

And anyway it's Ghana's own fault they got knocked out. The only reason they were through is because they got two fortunate penalties in the group stage. Uruguay were the real underdogs. A country of with only 3.5 million people in the semi finals of the world cup should be applauded.

Deliberately breaking the rules is called cheating. I can guarantee if we were at the Reebok some bloke would be banging his drum -

drum drum,drum drum drum drum Cheat !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.