Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Monday Night Football

Guest bwfcdan

Guest bwfcdan

Just watching it now, nice to have it back.. Still not conviced of Andy Gray and his toys though.. As for the game, I'm sure they could of picked a better choice.. Samba, definate red card.. Has 0-0 written all over it.. Can't remember the last time we we're on tele on a Monday night, think it was Spurs at home when Jay Jay scored from the spot in the last minute, before than I think it was Derby in 97... Don't think people wannna watch Bolton though.. Can't think why :D

Edited by bwfcdan

We played Spurs on a monday[i think] when Nolan scored from like 30 yards in a 1-0 win, that was after the Okocha pen season. Also didn't we play Man City away on a monday and won 1-0 thanks to Diouf.

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Guest Frandsen08

aye not the best game, but they have to give everyone a shot. have we not got a game coming up on a monday night?

i much prefer a weekend game , but just wondering.

Guest bwfcdan

Who's doing the co-commentary? Sounds like Beckham? Can't be him surely? Maybe I'm just being daft :D

Edited by bwfcdan

Just watching it now, nice to have it back.. Still not conviced of Andy Gray and his toys though.. As for the game, I'm sure they could of picked a better choice.. Samba, definate red card.. Has 0-0 written all over it.. Can't remember the last time we we're on tele on a Monday night, think it was Spurs at home when Jay Jay scored from the spot in the last minute, before than I think it was Derby in 97... Don't think people wannna watch Bolton though.. Can't think why :D

If the Derby game was the 3-3 Fransen comeback at Reebok I am sure that was a Sunday game. the last one I remember being on a Monday was the game at Blackburn when Diouf made that very embarrassing dive and got a pen awarded. If I am right I am sadder than I thought and I'll get my anorak.

If the Derby game was the 3-3 Fransen comeback at Reebok I am sure that was a Sunday game. the last one I remember being on a Monday was the game at Blackburn when Diouf made that very embarrassing dive and got a pen awarded. If I am right I am sadder than I thought and I'll get my anorak.

Portsmouth away was a monday night IIRC, the first game after the panarama show.

I'm sure we played Sunderland at home on a Monday night in the last few years...maybe late in the Allardyce era??

We scored with an own goal from a long throw or something along those lines; think it was 1-1 or 1-0

It was a dreadful, dreadful game

Edit: Actually I don't think it was Sunderland...it was that bad I can't remember who though..

Edited by jules_darby

I'm sure we played Sunderland at home on a Monday night in the last few years...maybe late in the Allardyce era??

We scored with an own goal from a long throw or something along those lines; think it was 1-1 or 1-0

Edit: Actually I don't think it was Sunderland...it was that bad I can't remember who though..

You're spot on Jules. Cant remember the year, but I remember watching it in a pub in Leeds with 2 non-Bolton mates and being embarassed over how poor both teams were. I think it might have been the year we won 2-0 at theirs and they ended up going down.

Phil Baab own goal - Wilkinson had just taken over as Sunderland manager ?

You're spot on Jules. Cant remember the year, but I remember watching it in a pub in Leeds with 2 non-Bolton mates and being embarassed over how poor both teams were. I think it might have been the year we won 2-0 at theirs and they ended up going down.

You're spot on, too.

2002/03. We drew 1-1 at home on a Monday night in October when Phil Babb was nice enough to score an own goal ten minutes from time.

Okocha and Pedersen scored the goals in the return fixture the following March.

Sunderland went on to finish bottom with just 19 points.

Off the top of my head, anyway!

Guest bwfcdan

Talking of Leeds, think that could be another monday night game. Got stuffed 3-0, two wonder goals. Think it was Venables first win as manager. Bloody hell we've been on quite a few times now we think about it :D

Talking of Leeds, think that could be another monday night game. Got stuffed 3-0, two wonder goals. Think it was Venables first win as manager. Bloody hell we've been on quite a few times now we think about it :D

IIRC it was a left footer from Danny Mills and a right footer from Jason Wilcox. You know its not your night when that kind of crap is going on. I think Youri might have missed a pen at 0-2 too.

IIRC it was a left footer from Danny Mills and a right footer from Jason Wilcox. You know its not your night when that kind of crap is going on. I think Youri might have missed a pen at 0-2 too.

The year before that, Leeds won 3-0, also at the Reebok with a Fowler hat trick on a monday

Edited by DidledeeBwfc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.