Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Autistic Are You?

• Site Supporter

Don't know if I want to try this game!

http://apps.facebook.com/autismspectrumtest/

just did it and scored 12, don't know whether that's good or bad, and once i saw it was a facebook thing it lost a bit of credibility in my eyes, but it could be spot on as I know nothing of the subject and can't comment either way. :good:

• Site Supporter

No, it's a disability, to do with the brain wiring causing people affected not seeing the world as the majority of people see it.

Exactly, in a similar (but different if that makes sense!) way to downs syndrome. Medical experts have finally managed to narrow it down to certain defective genes.

• Site Supporter

No, it's a disability, to do with the brain wiring causing people affected not seeing the world as the majority of people see it.

i was trying to nutshell it for Diddles, and wasnt sure the best way to word it. Suppose thats a good way to summerise it.

for the in's and out's, I have a 25 yr old brother who has Austism, and for people in a similar boat, 20 years ago it was pretty unheard of, its actually very scary how intelligent he really is, forget "rain man" as thats an unture reflection as you wouldn't realise unless you spoke to ikle bro at lengh. He's self taugh himself guitar, Piano Bass amongst other instruments (He picked up bass guitar and was playing it within a week to a band standard)..He has a "thing" for computers

however in school he was bullied constantly as the other kids saw him as "Perculiar" and "Different".

• Site Supporter

i was trying to nutshell it for Diddles, and wasnt sure the best way to word it. Suppose thats a good way to summerise it.

for the in's and out's, I have a 25 yr old brother who has Austism, and for people in a similar boat, 20 years ago it was pretty unheard of, its actually very scary how intelligent he really is, forget "rain man" as thats an unture reflection as you wouldn't realise unless you spoke to ikle bro at lengh. He's self taugh himself guitar, Piano Bass amongst other instruments (He picked up bass guitar and was playing it within a week to a band standard)..He has a "thing" for computers

however in school he was bullied constantly as the other kids saw him as "Perculiar" and "Different".

Things are thankfully a lot different now. Autistic kids are usually very intelligent but this depends on how badly affected they are but also how much support they get. Hope your bro is doing ok! :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.