Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Barnsley Away In The Fa Cup.

I dont think the inhabitants of that South Yorkshire mining village expected the amount of Bolton to turn up that day, i remember coach after coach passing a town centre pub full off Barnsley fans and them saying that we are going to get fucked today off that lot. In the event we lost 3-1, but can recall loads of lads with cameras taking phots of it kicking off with the police.

I dont think the inhabitants of that South Yorkshire mining village expected the amount of Bolton to turn up that day, i remember coach after coach passing a town centre pub full off Barnsley fans and them saying that we are going to get fucked today off that lot. In the event we lost 3-1, but can recall loads of lads with cameras taking phots of it kicking off with the police.

Is that the game pur Maltese international Ian Stevens scored and they let the dogs run loose in our end? Was up there with the glamour tie against Coventry.

Just got my ban a few weeks before that game.

Good day out was had that day against Barnsley, first boozer we went into was full of moody barnsley lads all dressed in donkey jackets on with ''coal board'' on the backs.

anyway, the first pint pot was thrown into them and it was mayhem. if i remember correct there was a wedding reception going on in the next room. about 120 of us were removed from the boozer and took straight to the ground.

The south yorkshire old bill were a set of cunts.

Great day out,kicking off before during and after,we have a mob out that day,remember black S smacking one Barnsley lad and he flew through a bus shelter right through the glass,went on coach from

Famers.KHappy days :dribble:

scan009january0220055cb2tg-1.jpg

Edited by M G WHITES

Great day out,kicking off before during and after,we have a mob out that day,remember black S smacking one Barnsley lad and he flew through a bus shelter right through the glass,went on coach from

Famers.KHappy days :dribble:

It was the same black 'S' who threw the first glass in the said boozer.

think Crew86 was in the same pub.

Tony Soprano said ?Remember When? Is The Lowest Form Of Conversation - but as a youngster of the Reebok generation, I love all these old thuggery stories! be good if they were all kept in one place tho so we can read em all in one effort?

Edited by Totty

Tony Soprano said ?Remember When? Is The Lowest Form Of Conversation - but as a youngster of the Reebok generation, I love all these old thuggery stories! be good if they were all kept in one place tho so we can read em all in one effort?

I'll start sunday neet threads again :rofl:

We could do a few

Best off

Worst Kicking

Funniest

Saddest

Biggest mob(we took)

Smallest mob (we took)

Biggest mob @ Burnden

Smallest Mob @ Burnden

I think the smallest turn outs was Fulham and Carlisle away in 82/83, lost 0-4 & 0-5. I wish someone could have said " Dont bother going Mick, it will be a waste of time "

We could do a few

Best off

Worst Kicking

Funniest

Saddest

Biggest mob(we took)

Smallest mob (we took)

Biggest mob @ Burnden

Smallest Mob @ Burnden

in my short career....

best off

....bolton v munichs at trinity street...unbelievable.

worst kicking

... got a pasting off a burnley lad on first game of the season 2000 and summet,it was at the station,i got clobberd form behind,put on my arse,then kicked in the head numerous times,ripped my new paul smith jeans and lost two buttons off my paul and shark jumper....that and getting beat round the head by police at derby...oh and madrid.

funniest

...a bird giving large in the east stand posh boxes against blackburn and getting hit full pelt on the chest by a steaming hot(sorry,luke warm) meat pie!

saddest

...gettin beat 6-0 by the scumbags in a game i had waited for all my life.

biggest mob we took

....derby away,we took 4 coach loads of idiots that day...then as wee kid i looked in amazment at the sheer load of idiots on display on wembley way v tranmere.

smallest mob we took

...could be one of many! remember comming unstuck at west brom when 20 of em did 4 of us in!

biggest mob at burnden

...bolton wise it was like stated before on black sunday.away team wise must be brum towards the end of the season around 94ish.

smallest mob at burnden

....angola...anglo italian cup 95.

in my short career....

best off

....bolton v munichs at trinity street...unbelievable.

worst kicking

... got a pasting off a burnley lad on first game of the season 2000 and summet,it was at the station,i got clobberd form behind,put on my arse,then kicked in the head numerous times,ripped my new paul smith jeans and lost two buttons off my paul and shark jumper....that and getting beat round the head by police at derby...oh and madrid.

funniest

...a bird giving large in the east stand posh boxes against blackburn and getting hit full pelt on the chest by a steaming hot(sorry,luke warm) meat pie!

saddest

...gettin beat 6-0 by the scumbags in a game i had waited for all my life.

biggest mob we took

....derby away,we took 4 coach loads of idiots that day...then as wee kid i looked in amazment at the sheer load of idiots on display on wembley way v tranmere.

smallest mob we took

...could be one of many! remember comming unstuck at west brom when 20 of em did 4 of us in!

biggest mob at burnden

...bolton wise it was like stated before on black sunday.away team wise must be brum towards the end of the season around 94ish.

smallest mob at burnden

....angola...anglo italian cup 95.

:good: Top day

Was you there when we got back and some Blackburn were waiting in a pub in town for us,big mistake :thumbsup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.