Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

1 hour ago, leigh white said:

Just got back from Barrow after a two day stay, never felt so drained after a stint in Maguluf in my youth.😀

Are you playing out on saturday pal ? I'll be in your hometown at the usual time if you are ?

Text us your number again pal as I got a new phone and it didn't store Wigan Owd Boiler to my SIM  😉👍

13 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Are you playing out on saturday pal ? I'll be in your hometown at the usual time if you are ?

Text us your number again pal as I got a new phone and it didn't store Wigan Owd Boiler to my SIM  😉👍

Going to Rochdale on Saturday, but will go 9 miles out my way for a pint with you, and get the Express to Oxford Rd.😊 with my free GM pass.

• Site Supporter
41 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I know mate, though once you're past Carlisle,  it's pretty much plain sailing now.

The ticket guys just seem keen on making sure the train you catch is the train you've got a ticket for. I used to go up to Penrith a lot and saw loads of folk thrown off at the first stop after Preston because they bought advance tickets for a certain time and when they got to the station too early (or late) jump on the next train.

3 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The ticket guys just seem keen on making sure the train you catch is the train you've got a ticket for. I used to go up to Penrith a lot and saw loads of folk thrown off at the first stop after Preston because they bought advance tickets for a certain time and when they got to the station too early (or late) jump on the next train.

I've noticed that too with them.

In the 80's watching England at Hampden,  we used to pay to Preston then blag it......was easy as the train was crammed with no standing room, especially when we reached Carstairs and a million sweaties got on...

On 08/01/2020 at 23:14, miamiwhite said:

I've noticed that too with them.

In the 80's watching England at Hampden,  we used to pay to Preston then blag it......was easy as the train was crammed with no standing room, especially when we reached Carstairs and a million sweaties got on...

😂You went once

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I don't know. But I went there last week to spy on them and spoke to a guy from the league who supports them. There were rumours of them going full-time once (!) but the division we are in is massively difficult to get out of, teams pulling 4 figure crowds etc.

They were expecting someone like Jody Banim to go there. Karl Marginson who was manager of FC United for years is their director of football. I can't get why they've not just said he's in charge. Ben Wharton and Scott Metcalfe have left. I can only guess they are writing this season off?

Really weird decision appointing Vaughn, he was terrible at ramsbottom. I just assumed he'd never work at that level again. Good news for colls though being in the same division. It's a strange league, likes of Scarborough, FC and south sheilds are built for bigger things and their seems to be a few clubs with big financial backing. Fair play to colls seems to have coped with losing the manager much better then most teams

Although relatively new to management, certainly at this level Brad is very knowledgeable and has a lot of friends in the game, with the management team he's put together I feel we'll do well.

Who would have ever thought that Colls could get  a BWFC player, we welcome Jordan Boon on loan to the Skuna, we'll look after him

Edited by athywhite1958
Predictive text