Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

O.c's Plan For Next Seasons Team?

worthy10

Gary Cahill will go. I hope for ?16m +. I would like to see two quality fullbacks, robbie keane and another magic loanee.

Reflect on a fantasic season where financially we have punched well above our weight.

Stu Holden back and expecting much from Lee

Happy days!

Gary Cahill will go. I hope for ?16m +. I would like to see two quality fullbacks, robbie keane and another magic loanee.

Reflect on a fantasic season where financially we have punched well above our weight.

Stu Holden back and expecting much from Lee

Happy days!

Given the expected departures (Cahill, Elmander, Samuel, Taylor, Gardner, Cohen, Al-Habsi - and Sturridge returning to Chelsea) I think we'll need:

1 new central defender

2 new central midfielders (we're threadbare in this position)

1 new left sided midfielder

2 new strikers

Apart from Cahill we should get money for Taylor and Al-Habsi. Hopefully we'll have ?20m to spend.

Given the expected departures (Cahill, Elmander, Samuel, Taylor, Gardner, Cohen, Al-Habsi - and Sturridge returning to Chelsea) I think we'll need:

1 new central defender

2 new central midfielders (we're threadbare in this position)

1 new left sided midfielder

2 new strikers

Apart from Cahill we should get money for Taylor and Al-Habsi. Hopefully we'll have ?20m to spend.

ill probably get shot down for this....

but i havnt the foggiest idea what matty taylor has done wrong? it would be pointless to sell him.

ill probably get shot down for this....

but i havnt the foggiest idea what matty taylor has done wrong? it would be pointless to sell him.

I'm less enthusiastic than you but he could hardly be categorised as a failure either.

Point is, his contract is coming to its end and his family is all based in the south of England.

I could see him leaving for a southern team for ?1m-?2m

It's what he hasn't done. He doesn't fit in with a 4-4-2, his play is far too slow. We could do with getting rid of either Taylor or Petrov & signing a Chungy double with a left foot.

Robbie Keane has been woeful at West Ham on loan so I wouldn't be signing him.

Aaron Ramsey on loan could be good for a season..

It's what he hasn't done. He doesn't fit in with a 4-4-2, his play is far too slow. We could do with getting rid of either Taylor or Petrov & signing a Chungy double with a left foot.

Robbie Keane has been woeful at West Ham on loan so I wouldn't be signing him.

Aaron Ramsey on loan could be good for a season..

matty taylor doesnt fit in with a 4-4-2?... hes an out an out winger ffs!

yes your right, maybe we need to sign a danniel sturridge lookalike with a bionic leg and x ray eyes aswell.

I'm less enthusiastic than you but he could hardly be categorised as a failure either.

Point is, his contract is coming to its end and his family is all based in the south of England.

I could see him leaving for a southern team for ?1m-?2m

is there any proof in your claim that 'all' of his family live the south of england?...

• Site Supporter

No problem with Taylor as 1st choice left winger.

Granted he's been below his best for nearly 2 season, but a fully fit Taylor is a very capable footballer who will get goals and assists.

matty taylor doesnt fit in with a 4-4-2?... hes an out an out winger ffs!

yes your right, maybe we need to sign a danniel sturridge lookalike with a bionic leg and x ray eyes aswell.

Taylor is not an 'out and out winger', as you put it. He's not quick enough & he can't beat a man.

Get's the ball on the half way line & always, always checks back, even when there is acres of space infront of him.

Is beckham a winger?

No.

A winger is someone who plays on the touchline & beats a man using pace/skill.

Taylor & Beckham are similar (although Beckham is more effective) in that they both play from deep positions.

Taylor is not an 'out and out winger', as you put it. He's not quick enough & he can't beat a man.

Get's the ball on the half way line & always, always checks back, even when there is acres of space infront of him.

does he? does he always check back when theres acres of space infront of him?...seriously does he?

my word,im wrong hes not a winger after all,after plying his trade after all these years,its all been a giant sham!

id have one matty taylor over 20 martin petrovs any day of the week.

tell me anything wrong matty taylor has done for this club?

does he? does he always check back when theres acres of space infront of him?...seriously does he?

my word,im wrong hes not a winger after all,after plying his trade after all these years,its all been a giant sham!

id have one matty taylor over 20 martin petrovs any day of the week.

tell me anything wrong matty taylor has done for this club?

Christ. Never said he's done anything wrong. He's done a decent job for us, but I don't think he fits in aswell with the more attacking football we play under Coyle.

But he isn't a winger.

They have said at Liverpool Joe cole is on the way out.....would be a fantastic player to build the team around. Perhaps offer Cahill for cole an some cash

Joe cole has proven that he is not up to it, not only that never a Bolton type of player in a million years and not good enough for us anyway.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.