Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What's The Earliest

Spurs at Burnden, midweek game - I think they went 0-3 up about an hour or so in.

I was alone and not in my usual spot on the Paddock, so I slunk off and mumbled something about cigarettes in my car to get let out of a gate. Went over the road to a almost deserted King Bill and got a pint in - heard a cheer, downed my pint and went back...

Left five minutes before end at the Birkenhead cowshed shithole - league cup semi. This was despite my paralytic mate protesting "we can come back" - he was oblivious to the score and watching the match out of one eye, Nelson style. He was also being propped up by a steward to prevent him toppling over, and taking out about three rows of folk. I was more interested in getting to an off-licence for journey home supplies, so I left. When I finally found one it was one of those 'bank-style' ones - all the booze behind the counter/a glass screen/revolving thinymajig, I then had to run a gauntlet of bindippers, who took a shine to me and my bag of ales :nea:

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Site Supporter

at arsenal this season we were supposed to be having a last pint in the drayton arms walked in at 2.50pm bought 8 pints , whilst everyone else went into the ground (cunts) thankfully 2 members of the mob came back to have a drink. landlord took 4 pints back. entered the emirates at 3.15, left at 4.20.

Last minute of stoppage time in an away game at Stockport. Final whistle went just as I left the ground & had I not left my lift would have ( was'nt going back to Bolton that night )

That aside i stay to the bitter end regardless. Always have, always will.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.