Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scroungers Of The Day.

barryk32

Playing devil's advocate, if you have a random method of awarding wealth to folk - the lottery, then you can't complain when it rewards a toerag.

If you disagree with giving ?10m to the likes of the O' Sheas or Mickey Carroll (Andy's long lost brother) then don't do the lottery.

The 'good causes'? Give them your quid directly.

• Moderators

Playing devil's advocate, if you have a random method of awarding wealth to folk - the lottery, then you can't complain when it rewards a toerag.

If you disagree with giving ?10m to the likes of the O' Sheas or Mickey Carroll (Andy's long lost brother) then don't do the lottery.

The 'good causes'? Give them your quid directly.

Am pretty sure it's not the ?10m they won that will wind folk up but the ?6k they take back out the system, entitled or otherwise

Still, there 2 people who can hand on heart say that winning the lottery hasn't changed them

The three words important in this - 'non-means tested', how many rich industrialists, entertainers, retired sportspeople etc. still get the cold weather payment? Why no expose on how greedy Ronnie Corbett laughs as he blows his ?200 on Rupert Bear trousers and a Pringle jumper. Ronnie (87 and a 1/2 years old) who lives in a deluxe doll's house in Aberdeenshire is no stranger to milking the system - despite wealth of over ?367 BILLION. Cheeky midget Ron also claims the right to free salt, on the road leading to his plush pad, when conditions are icy.

It's typical Sun button pushing bollocks, they always do it - careful selection of facts. Take when they did that 'story' on the Greggs romeo - half the benefit 'scrounger' girls he'd sired kids with were in receipt of child benefit only (i.e. they were working). To work the readers into a lather though, they just needed to print pictures of them, with 'BENEFITS'* banners superimposed over, and hope the red mist prevented anyone reading further.

* and perhaps 'child benefit of ?20.50 - which everyone gets' tucked away in the corner.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Legally he is entitled, morally? Well, that's a different kettle of fish as we all know, it's him who has to sleep at night. This claim of them giving money away - would he actually name a charity (Great Ormond Street) if he didn't contribute? I know this is probably money he'd pay in unearned income tax anyway, but...

Ah, what am I writing? Get them in the stocks, pails of rotten half-chorleys at the ready, bagsy that one with the big clump of aggregate stuck to it.

Pikeys too.

Brilliant.

Are they Pikeys? Cannot see anything about them being so in the article?

Waiting on the Sun doing a similar piece on corporate tax aviodance, should be a good read. Dare say there will be some bigger numbers than ?500 a month and a crappy Vauxhall.

• Site Supporter

The difference lies in most rich folk who get it know it's bollocks & don't think they're entitled to it. that Pikey reckons he is.

he is entitled to it, he isn't a pikey, don't know where you get that from, whether he should get it is a discussion on the system of getting it. As it stands, working and paying in for 40 years means he is entitled to it.

don't agree he should get it mind, but there's loads worse and loads richer, rather someone who worked for 40 years get something than someone who's done nowt for 40 years

he is entitled to it, he isn't a pikey, don't know where you get that from, whether he should get it is a discussion on the system of getting it. As it stands, working and paying in for 40 years means he is entitled to it.

don't agree he should get it mind, but there's loads worse and loads richer, rather someone who worked for 40 years get something than someone who's done nowt for 40 years

The issue I take is this word "entitled". It's a lot to do with what is wrong with our country.

The pikey comment was tongue in cheek for goodness sake.

• Moderators

The difference lies in most rich folk who get it know it's bollocks & don't think they're entitled to it. that Pikey reckons he is.

Actually not sure if that makes him worse? He did pay taxes for years

As an aside, Do lottery wins get taxed?

The real issue here though is if he's a pikey, he's called oshea and is from Ireland, so is a bit of one at the very least

The real issue here though is if he's a pikey, he's called oshea and is from Ireland, so is a bit of one at the very least

Which is why I made the tongue in cheek comment. He's obviously of some cavaran dwelling stock :D

You do wonder why you bother.

Edited by no balls

• Site Supporter

Which is why I made the tongue in cheek comment. He's obviously of some cavaran dwelling stock :D

You do wonder why you bother.

indeed, was wondering if that's what you were getting at, but had you down as more intelligent than that to be honest, so just presumed it had stated pikey somewhere I hadn't seen. you usually just go with he facts you see, so found it unusual you would be incorrect :D

indeed, was wondering if that's what you were getting at, but had you down as more intelligent than that to be honest, so just presumed it had stated pikey somewhere I hadn't seen. you usually just go with he facts you see, so found it unusual you would be incorrect :D

You smoothy! :D

I thought it was nice of them to print a picture of where he lived, and there's flaming torch and pitchfork tokens all next week in your super, smashing Sun.

If someone wins the lottery should they be forced to give up their job? Then someone who 'needs' it could have it. Perhaps Mr. O' Shea enjoys being on the scrounge? Why deprive him of his birth entitled, god-given, 'I will defend to the hilt', inalienable right to cadge ?125 a week and a shiny vauxhall?

• Site Supporter

I'd not swap places with them.

If I ever won the lottery I'd not be driving a vauxhall.

Why the fuck do these people do it? Surely there should be a clause in the lottery rules to stop it.

no, neither would I, I'd employ a chauffeur to drive it.

Are they Pikeys? Cannot see anything about them being so in the article?

Waiting on the Sun doing a similar piece on corporate tax aviodance, should be a good read. Dare say there will be some bigger numbers than ?500 a month and a crappy Vauxhall.

I will eat my own shit if the sun ever do such an article