Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Man Utd Fanzine Cover

Spider

She might have a diiferent attitude if her 23 yr old son was to have a sudden heart attack cardiac arrest.

My post was corrected on 27 March 2012 because the original said that her son suffer a heart attack. He might suffer cardiac arrest.

I really can't get myself worked up over any of the negative comments and I really dont care whether someone calls him Fabrice or Patrick.

If you think someone's a nobhead, which I thought they were before, then all they've done is perpetuate it.

It's those you think better of who then disappoint who you should care about.

what about this one then:

http://www.guardian....-congratulation

The article seems to be saying that there was no alternative to the reaction to Muamba's distress and therefore no need to report that people behaved with decency.

But there are alternatives, for instance Liverpool-style wallowing in self pity, followed by attempts to push the blame onto somebody, or Diana-style mass hysteria as people compete in public displays to show how much they care.

I thought Coyle, Gartside, SK Davies and E Davies all spoke with dignity last week, the club pitched Saturday's events just right and there was no attempt to milk the goodwill we received.

It's hard to see exactly what this woman is bitching about, unless she is actually upset because people did behave with decency.

The article seems to be saying that there was no alternative to the reaction to Muamba's distress and therefore no need to report that people behaved with decency.

But there are alternatives, for instance Liverpool-style wallowing in self pity, followed by attempts to push the blame onto somebody, or Diana-style mass hysteria as people compete in public displays to show how much they care.

I thought Coyle, Gartside, SK Davies and E Davies all spoke with dignity last week, the club pitched Saturday's events just right and there was no attempt to milk the goodwill we received.

It's hard to see exactly what this woman is bitching about, unless she is actually upset because people did behave with decency.

That's kinda linked to Satan's view as well. She had 600 words to find by a deadline, and 'decency' isn't news.

So take the opposite approach and stir things up a bit - make a bit of a journo name for herself and milk the event for her own self-publicity.

Works for her.

I bet she's smugly congratulating herself on that one.

The point she's missing is that apart from the usual mithering celebs, most have done things out of a sense of concern, a sense of shock, or a sense of relief....or indeed in other players cases, "there but the grace of God". Unlike journalists desparate to fill their 600 words (and thus tickled pink to have summat like this to bile about), most fans and players have simply taken a little bit of time to express their support for the player and also maybe to reflect (after all if a fit 23 year old can drop like that....). The high profile players abroad who donned shirts don't need the exposure or anything else. Maybe they just gave a shit. And that some journalists might rather rather lazily refer to this under the banner "football family comes together", well who fucking cares? Apart from those who have a holier than though 600 words to find.

well said satan, what is she is missing is the stuff that people did nt have to do. the sunderland squad did not need to stop off on the way to blackburn, the blckburn fans did not need to join in singing FMs name, the young lad at the moscow derby did not need to make a sign.

a bit like saying it is dead easy to be cynical and criticise others for 'just' doing the right thing and she totally misses the point that what has made this incident special is that in a game that makes multi millionaires out of young men and the games centres arround who is richest and rivalries have built up over years that when the moment came all that was stripped away and the millionaires become people, the rivalries were shelved and a in a country where the headlines in many of thir rival papers is about how immigrants and asylum seekers are ruining the country that the real story of a refugee has brought people together, it wont last because people move on but in trying to cheapen and lessen the impact she has shown herself to be even more like the headline grabbing celebrity whore i daresy she despises !

• Moderators

I bet she's smugly congratulating herself on that one.

The point she's missing is that apart from the usual mithering celebs, most have done things out of a sense of concern, a sense of shock, or a sense of relief....or indeed in other players cases, "there but the grace of God". Unlike journalists desparate to fill their 600 words (and thus tickled pink to have summat like this to bile about), most fans and players have simply taken a little bit of time to express their support for the player and also maybe to reflect (after all if a fit 23 year old can drop like that....). The high profile players abroad who donned shirts don't need the exposure or anything else. Maybe they just gave a shit. And that some journalists might rather rather lazily refer to this under the banner "football family comes together", well who fucking cares? Apart from those who have a holier than though 600 words to find.

whilst the guardian is normally spot on in it's football coverage (and obv this goes beyond just football) - there's some journalists (from all papers) who feel their work is done by the number of blog comments their work gets - this doesn't mean she's right, fuck it, if she thinks that then fair enough, I did to a degree, but I imagine it was written with the angle "how do I get people posting" - and though I've skimmed the first few comments,there are 326 so far, and I imagine they'll say either "I agree with you" or "you're a dick"

it's like the talksport of the internet - if you write something everyone agrees with, it won't spark anything like the same amount of debate - same goes for Utd's fanzine, last night, with all the coverage they sold more copies than before for any night match but won't have done had they gone down the "pray for muamba" route/bandwagon - sensationalism works both ways

You've hit the nail on the thumb there Ani. Lots of people did lots of things not to be on telly, seen in other countries, they just did it. Sunderland came an hour out of their way to leave stuff at the 'Bok. If they hadn't, no-one would have noticed. Agreed it's not done them any harm, but neither would not comingat all.

If said journo did not have this to write about it would have to be something else. I repeat, fuck 'em.

And another fucking thing whilst we're talking about Grief Junkies, Munich and the sympathy it generated made United what it is today. Big fuck off fact.

I wonder how much they got from AIG to have their logo on the Munich memorial flag.

Well, Munich and the advent of the (Barclays) Premier League

• Members

Much as I hate asking any of you fine Whites to actually handle this piece of shiyte, can anyone get me a copy of that Red Issue?

I am butting heads with a DMB down here who is saying that this is all an invention by the usual 'anti Man U' rent a crowd to discredit their fans,. Reckons their fans are the most respectful around due to what happened to them in 1958 and no MU fan would do this.

Happy to reimburse costs of the piece of shit and postage.

Much as I hate asking any of you fine Whites to actually handle this piece of shiyte, can anyone get me a copy of that Red Issue?

I am butting heads with a DMB down here who is saying that this is all an invention by the usual 'anti Man U' rent a crowd to discredit their fans,. Reckons their fans are the most respectful around due to what happened to them in 1958 and no MU fan would do this.

Do they not have the internet? It's all over it.

my mates a season ticket holder at that shit hole.il ask him to get one mate.

• Members

Do they not have the internet? It's all over it.

He refuses to believe it (because it doesn't suit his argument about all things MUFC being right and anything said against them is borne of jealousy). He truly believes this is an elaborate spoof.

Cheers Gonzo. Will always see you right mate as others on here will attest. Postage and costs will find their way to you, sir.

He refuses to believe it (because it doesn't suit his argument about all things MUFC being right and anything said against them is borne of jealousy). He truly believes this is an elaborate spoof.

He's a idiot then, P. Fuck him off.

I put m?ng, not idiot! Tsk! :D

Edited by no balls